Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cheese!

Or as Nicholas said today: “No cheese”. Nicholas had his first professional pictures today and they turned out great! We didn’t really know what to expect with him since he hasn’t had his picture taken several times since birth, but he did excellent. He didn’t always want to sit or stay in the picture, but the photographer ended up getting a lot of great shots. And, there were no tears from Nicholas. In fact, he decided to choreograph some of his own pictures, doing things they only wished some kids would do, such as putting the pal on his head in the beach shot. Here are just a few of the many pictures taken:







We’ve had something to do every day this week. Thankfully, it has caused rest time to turn into nap time almost everyday. He really needs a little nap each day to get re-energized. He is still an excellent sleeper at night. His bedtime is 7:30 and he often does not wake up until 7:00 or later. We have found that he is doing better falling asleep at night now that he understands the routine. He even has preferences on which books he would like us to read.

Nicholas also had his second opportunity to go swimming in the big pool with his cousins earlier this week. He was hesitant at first, but spent more time in the pool once he saw how much fun everyone was having. He even let other people hold him. I’m sure with more exposure he’ll be even more adventurous.



Right now I have no problem taking Nicholas to the store. If we go to the grocery store, I tell him that we have to take the food home for later. Then when we get to the register, I let him know that the cashier has to make the food go “beep” before we can take it home. He seems to be satisfied with this for now. I’ve never had him really ask me for anything until yesterday. My mom, sister, Nicholas, and I went to Trader Joe’s. It’s about a half hour away, so we usually make two trips a month. Nicholas happily sat in the cart and he even helped me put the food in behind him. I stopped to read the back of this chocolate syrup, which I had no intention of buying when Nicholas, who has never had chocolate syrup, took it from my arms and held it tight. “Nih-ka-ka’s. Yummy,” he told me. It was so cute that I had to put it in the cart. I’ll have to get stronger in the future, but I couldn’t resist this time.

Finally, I think we’ve made some progress in Nicholas’ relationship with Gabby. Here are pictures from two different days this week. Before we know it, she’ll be sitting on him while he’s awake.





Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the chubby cheeks! The pail-on-the-head shot is adorable!!
Nicole

Kristy K said...

Kristin,
He's doing soooooo great!!!!! It's hard to believe where he was last year because he seems like he's always been here. The pictures look great!!!