Speaking of Nicholas’ language, he now has over 60 English words in his vocabulary. Thankfully, he acquired a nicer word this week – “Share.” We’ve been trying to teach him to take turns with Mommy and Daddy. Sometimes it goes well, but other times it looks to Nicholas like Mommy and Daddy are having way too much fun with their turns.
We have lots of birthdays to celebrate this month. It will be interesting to see if Nicholas will be able to say “Happy Birthday” by the end of August. Hopefully, “birthday” comes out like it supposed to sound. Ha ha. Tomorrow is my sister’s birthday (Happy Birthday, Amy!). Then, Nicholas will celebrate both his grandmas' birthdays the following two weeks. Nicholas has a sweet tooth, so he will love the next few weeks.
It is so nice to have him home for all these family gatherings. Last year at this time, we thought he would be home already. We were still waiting on our court date (the first one!). I am so glad that we didn’t know then how long the wait was going to be for us. Thankfully, it’s all over. I forgot to mention that last week Nicholas received his Certificate of Citizenship in the mail. While he became an official citizen in New York on July 4th, this certificate allows us to get his social security number and U.S. Passport.
Since this week has been more low-key for us, I haven’t really taken any pictures. Sorry. I’ll do better. Here’s one from last week to tide you over. I’ll set the stage:
Nicholas: I’m stuck.
Evan: Where’s the camera?
Kristin: Aren’t you going to help him?
Evan: I will in a minute. (Click)
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment