Do you think she was surprised! We’re so glad that everything went well and that she really enjoyed herself. My grandma has been a real blessing to Evan and me during this adoption process. She has been such a wonderful support in so many ways. She loves Nicholas (or "NJ", as she affectionately calls him) so much even though she has never even met him. My grandma means so much to me and I can’t wait for Nicholas to meet his great-grandma (or "G.G.", as he will affectionately call her).
Today we had another great Bible study up at church. It is such a wonderful blessing in my life as well. I really believe that going to this study on a weekly basis has caused me to take a deeper look at my faith. It also has brought me a lot of comfort during this trial. It has forced me to look outside of myself for answers and look to the One that holds the answers. Unemployment was not what I had planned, but because I am not working, I have been able to attend. Just another redirection or change in my life that has worked out well.
Tomorrow brings some practice for when Nicholas comes home. I will be helping both of my sisters-in-law out by babysitting my 17 month old nephew and my 7- year old niece. I am glad that I am in the position to help them out when things come up. Please pray for my nephew, Logan though. He will be having eye surgery tomorrow. Pray that he will not be in too much pain and have a quick recovery so he can enjoy his Spring Break.
Also, I got a rather small update on our adoption today. Basically, Leslie is trying to get clarification on a few items and following up on getting us some updated pictures of Nicholas. She is supposed to contact me tomorrow with any further details. Basically, since we are still waiting on an answer from Uzbekistan, they are trying to figure out what our options are since sending the paperwork certified mail has not resulted in anything. That’s all I know.
So, that’s the scoop. Maybe we’ll have some more news by the weekend.
Kristin
1 comment:
Thank you Kirstin that means a lot to us for writing about Logan and his eye..things are going; we have to put in eye drops every 4 hours and going to the check ups every week.I think that is what's going to happen..I'm not to sure when the stitches come out but we'll work on it.
Thanks again,
Kendra
Post a Comment