Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One Year Ago Today

We were taken up to the playroom at the Tomsk Regional Baby Home. We waited patiently, not knowing exactly how we would feel. Then in walked the Baby Home Director holding the cutest little boy wrapped in a blanket wearing a little cap on his head. It was at that moment I knew our lives would never be the same.

It’s hard to not look at today and ask questions. Most people would have their child home for 6-9 months at this point, but we’re still waiting. Last night Evan and I were talking about this past year. Both of us agreed that as hard as the wait has been, it has been good for both of us. It has changed us both in positive ways. We’ve had times where things got tense, but in our seven years of marriage Evan and I have proved to ourselves that we can weather the tough times. The infertility and the adoption struggles have only made our marriage stronger.

On the paperwork front, we are trying to get our home study addendum accurate and complete this week. Our home study agency has to work with the adoption agency to make sure it is worded the way Russia will want to see it. We were hoping this would be done already because we have to send it to CIS (Immigration) so we can renew our approval. It expires in June. Once we see how our finances are listed, then we can finish the rest of the paperwork. I hate that there are a few documents just sitting around undone. I guess it is better that everything is done accurately.

As far as we know, our agency is still trying to get DETAILED information from Sergei. I guess this hasn’t been an easy thing to do. All we know is that Sergei is working on it. It is the “it” that is in question by us and our agency. They need to know what exactly has been done and needs to be done. Leslie is supposed to call us on Thursday. I’m really praying for some progress. I guess a big prayer request would be to pray for May. We really need to go in May because a lot of things get complicated if we don’t. So, pray for May!

Kristin

No comments: