Friday, March 13, 2009

When In Doubt . . .

. . . Keep asking or figure it out yourself. After being told that we probably don’t need our home study addendum sent to Cleveland’s USCIS (immigration) office, I have found out that we probably do. See, our original home study said that we were requesting a child 18 months or younger. We have since changed that with a home study addendum last summer. However, we were told that we didn’t have to send it to the USCIS. Now, we also have a financial change, which we need an addendum. I found out on the USCIS’s website that if we do not send an addendum to the local USCIS office noting these significant changes, we could have delays when in Moscow trying to get Nicholas’ visa to come home. I don’t know about you, but I think we’ve had enough delays for now. For the last 6 months I have questioned our agency about sending the addendum to the USCIS. Now, I’m glad I did and I’m glad I researched for myself. I’m waiting to hear from them about how we proceed.

They are still working on getting us answers to our questions from two weeks ago. While we do not find this wait for information acceptable, we are sadly, use to it! This wait would be so much easier to endure if we just had better communication. I know I’ve said that time and time again, but it really would help. I’m still having a lot of okay days, but there have been some really hard ones too. I really can’t wait until this is all over.

On another note, I am going to do a little networking/brainstorming with my blog readers. I really desire to stay home full-time with Nicholas. However, we may need for me to work part-time for a little bit. I would like to work from home, if at all possible. I know there are some legit work-from-home websites out there, which I will check out. But, any local companies that offer this type of work would be great. My second preference would be to work just a couple of days outside the home. It would be best for me if it was in a 15-20 minute radius from my house. For those that live around here, Brunswick, Medina, Strongsville, Middleburg Heights would be ideal. So, if anyone knows of anything or has any ideas, let me know. One thing I really like to do is research, so I could even do that for a company on a contract basis.

I have a lot of skills, but I don’t have the most ideal situation right now. I could up and leave with only a two week notice. Then I could be gone anywhere from 2 1/2-4 weeks in Russia. Finally, when I get back, I would like some time with Nicholas full-time, which would be a one month minimum. Boy, I really sound like a catch. If someone will have me, I’d be open to starting right away. In fact, it looks better for our situation if I have a job, rather than if I do not. But, I understand if my situation is too complicated. I was thinking that even a letter of intent from a company may suffice.

On another note, I had to take Isabella to the vet today. She was due for a check-up, but I also think she was feeling sick too. We have had five incidents in the last three days where she threw up after eating. She is also sneezing a lot and sounds congested when she purrs. It’s funny though because she knew she was going. Until it was time for us to leave, she hid under a blanket, only occasionally peeking out to see if the coast was clear.

The vet appointment went okay. It would have been better if she didn’t urinate in her carrying case on the way over. The fun part really began when we got home though. I instantly brought Isabella upstairs and right into the bathtub. The girls had just been bathed last weekend, so both of them knew what was going on when the water was turned on. After bathing Isabella I came downstairs to give some attention to Gabby. I knew she was curious as to where Isabella had gone. Gabby had practically followed me to the garage when I left.

I was taken aback when Gabby began to growl and hiss at me. I started to think she was mad at me for taking Isabella away and then giving her a bath. I figured a couple of treats and her favorite mice toys would do the trick. Nope. She was mad. Then I realized that her anger or distrust was displaced. She was really upset with Isabella. I instantly went on the Internet after the hissing and growling started again - this time at Isabella. It turns out that Gabby doesn’t recognize Isabella’s scent. She must not smell the same way as she did before she left and therefore, Gabby sees her as an intruder.

I can tell that Isabella doesn’t understand why Gabby is so upset. She keeps trying to sniff Gabby, but Gabby wants nothing to do with her. So, I’m keeping an eye on the two of them today until Gabby starts to “recognize” Isabella once again. Did I mention that Isabella has to go back to the vet for the day on Tuesday? She needs her teeth cleaned. I guess we’ll be doing all this again next week.

Well, that is a wrap-up of my “exciting” life. I also want you to take note that I wrote two blogs this week. I didn’t think I could do it, but when you have a story like your cats peeing and hissing, you have to share it with the world. Ha ha. We will see if I can meet the challenge again next week.

Kristin

No comments: