Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength

Boy, it is going to be hard to meet my twice-a-week quota when my first blog of the week is Thursday. I just didn’t have much to write. As you know, we have been trying for a couple of weeks now to get some more information regarding our case and some paperwork we are trying to update. So far we have NOTHING!!! It is so frustrating. We have a call in right now. We are hoping to have even the smallest morsel of information by the end of today.

Yesterday’s Bible Study was fittingly on joy. Joy is not happiness. Joy is actually a decision. If we only focus on our struggles, our faith will waiver and so will our joy. I notice that I can sit and worry about my unemployment, the court case, the future and have myself in a tizzy in no time. In fact, I’ve done it a couple times this week already. These are the things that steal my joy.

With things the way they are it is very easy to say, “Why me?” But, I am consciously choosing not to have a pity party. I can’t change the circumstances. All I can do is cling to Christ because I can’t do it on my strength alone. I find that when I get down on my knees and ask God for his strength, it is only then that I can persevere. It is only then that my hope is renewed and I have peace.

I don’t claim to have all the answers. If you talk to me in person you may even hear the frustration in my voice. This situation is very difficult. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way, but it has. I can do nothing. But, I have hope. I know the One that has control over my life.

This whole journey has been a learning process for me. I’ve come along way, but I have so much further to go. Every day is a struggle. Every day is a decision to have joy in my trials or to wallow in them. Some days are easier than others. But, I choose to be excited about the future rather than dwelling on the hard times now. Hopefully, they will be sooner than later.

Okay, one blog down and one to go . . .

Kristin

No comments: