I have been informed by two people (that shall remain nameless) that I need to blog at least twice a week. That is easier said than done because I feel like there is very little news and my creativity levels feel very low right now. But, I will try. Please forgive me if I fail though.
Nicholas turning 2 while still in Russia is very hard, but I have been trying to find the silver lining. First, Evan and I were debating whether or not we would get a lap seat for Nicholas or pay for his own seat on the plane. Now, we have no choice because we have to get him his own seat. We will have the entire three seats in the row, which will give us more room to stretch out on a long flight. Second, we are closer to having a potty-trained child. He may already be potty-trained, but we probably won’t find that out until we get there. Look at all the savings on diapers! Third, we know that he is speaking. He will probably soak up English like a sponge, so it will be easier to communicate with him.
Yes, we’re sad that we are missing out on the many milestones of his first two years. Thankfully, we know that he has many more milestones to come. As we celebrate his second birthday I have one person I really want to commend – his birthmother. While in Russia, one of the interpreters told us about her doctor husband and how he HAD to perform abortions. He didn’t want to, but didn’t have a choice. Also, abortions are very inexpensive in Russia. Nicholas’ birthmother had a choice and could have very easily terminated the pregnancy. Instead, she chose life. And, we will always be thankful to her for making that choice. As we celebrate Nicholas’ birthday, we will also pray for the woman who made the most loving sacrifice.
Finally, in regards to adoption paperwork, we hope to hear some kind of update this week. They really expect this paperwork from Uzbekistan at any time. We pray that it will finally arrive or at least, they can find out about the hold-up.
Please shower us with a couple extra prayers this week. We really do miss our baby.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment