Sorry for not blogging in a timely manner. I have been told by more than one person that it was time for a new entry. So, here it is . . . Thanks to my wonderful husband, Nicholas' room is painted! It looks great! We decided to use a color from the tan family - Ivoire. I think it will look very nice with the bedding we chose. I will try to post pictures soon.
Unfortunately, there will be two cats who are very upset that we put the furniture back into the bedroom. All weekend we had the twin bed down in the family room while we painted. Isabella and Gabby were in heaven! They ran across it and fought each other. It was actually very entertaining.
Some news on the adoption front . . . I e-mailed Rebecca this morning to find out if there is any news. She did have some news to tell me, but told me to call her. Easier said than done, since I am at work! So, I quickly called Evan and told him to call so I could find out what she had to say. He finally got a hold of her five minutes ago.
Here is the scoop: Tomsk is a difficult region for adoption. There are people there trying to work things out with the judges and the court system to make it easier. There are some families traveling there at the end of this month, so they are going to see how things go. If it seems like it will be too long or continue to be difficult, then we could be moved to a new region.
I am at peace with this news. Evan and I love Nicholas so much already, even though we don't even know him. I know God has the right baby picked out for us, which makes me feel so much more secure in all of this uncertainty. He knows which baby and which region.
Rebecca is also going to send my travel guide in the mail, which will help us get prepared for our trip. It also contains a book of Russian words. And, I need all the help I can get in that area. I'm kind of slacking because I have so many things I am trying to do right now.
So, we'll wait and see what happens in Tomsk. I will blog soon, I promise.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment