Well, I delivered on my promise and I am blogging in a timely manner. I actually have some news. It looks like we will remain in Tomsk! Another agency had a family go to court there in the last week and everything went smoothly. The ten day waiting period was even waived. Then on Wednesday our agency got their first referral from Tomsk, and the family travels there the third week in April. So, things are starting to move. We hope to have a better idea when we will be going to Russia soon.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Pray that the court system continues to be adoption-friendly to foreigners. Also, pray that they continue to waive the 10-day waiting period. That will shorten our trip, thus reduce our hotel and food expenses. And most of all, pray for Nicholas. Pray that God would prepare him to leave Russia and join our family.
I want to end this blog with some things we are looking forward to (besides meeting Nicholas):
- In a month we are getting our crib and registering at Babies R Us.
- In a little over a month we will be having a garage sale at my parents' house to help raise money for the adoption.
- In about six weeks Evan will finish another semester, leaving 5 classes left before he graduates.
So, we definetly have a lot of good things coming our way. The fact that each day brings us one day closer to Nicholas really does make me smile. I can't wait to meet this baby!
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment