I haven't had the chance to update this blog, since I got my mail a couple of days ago. Inside was two important looking envelopes from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. We received our fingerprinting appointment for immigration! On Tuesday, November 13th, Evan and I will be going downtown to complete a very important step in the process. Once we receive Immigration's approval (which may take 4-6 weeks or more after fingerprinting), then we can send our documents to Russia. It's very exciting!
However, we still need our Child Abuse and Neglect Registry results from the State of Ohio. I tried calling yesterday to get some kind of status update, but was transferred all over kingdom come. I have our agency looking into it. We really need that document, so our home study can be complete. Immigration needs are home study for our approval as well, so it would be nice if they had it by the time we are fingerprinted. So, please continue to pray that we receive this document this week.
Onto other news . . . my parents leave this morning for Latvia. Many of you may wonder, "Where is Latvia?" Well, it's next to RUSSIA! My parents are going there on a missions trip with Buckner Orphan Care International (http://www.helporphans.org/). They will be bringing shoes for the babies and children in the orphanages. They will also be conducting VBS for the children. They went last year as well. Hearing my parents talk about how easy it was to love these children may have also sparked my interest in adoption. They will be gone from November 1-11. Please keep them in your prayers as well.
Well, I hope to have more exciting news in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait until all the paperwork is complete and sent to the appropriate places. Then, we can really focus on getting everything ready for the baby!
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment