Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Step 1 is Complete!

Our Home Study is finished! I was going to wait until I had a copy of it in my hand to make the announcement, but I felt it was time for a new post. Now we are onto the next step. I have prepared our registration documents that will be sent to Russia. Our adoption consultant has been looking them over and making sure that they are perfect. Once we get the "okay" I will print them out so we can get them notarized and apostilled.

Next, we wait for our I-171H approval from immigration. This is the last document we will need before the registration documents can be sent. I think it is safe to say that the approval is at the top of our Christmas list.

Step 3 will be the worst stage - WAITING! We will wait to be assigned a region in Russia. Then we will wait for a referral from that region. We have no idea how long this wait will be. During the wait we will start to get the nursery in order. And, we will probably buy a few more items here and there from Babies R Us. I love researching, so I have already started looking at what we will put on our registry. I even look at the customer ratings on each item. It is so much fun! I won't be officially registering until we are closer in the waiting process though.

Also, we have a name picked out for our son! Some of you already know it. For those of you who do not, I will be posting it in a future blog. I will explain why we chose the name we did. I figure it will give me something to blog about in the future. But, do not worry, I will not make you wait too long.


Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on hitting this milestone! Can't wait to hear your baby's name...I still think it'll have an Ohio State connection :)

Beth