School is over for 2016, Christmas activities have
begun, and almost all of the presents are wrapped.
| Wrapping presents for his stuffed animals kept him very busy. |
| Lining up with the Christmas animals. He's part of the reindeer family. |
I am very pleased with how well the boys are doing in
school. We are officially halfway done with
the school year. Nicholas still excels
in his schoolwork. He enjoys history a
lot. He also loves writing, especially
creative writing (Sounds like someone else I know). Most subjects come easy to him. We are evaluating the future though for next
year. We are looking to mix things up a
bit. Our routine works too well
sometimes. I think we need to make some changes. So, that is something I am evaluating.
Daniel also is doing very well in school. He does so well that he tells me he will do
it himself. We compromise in that
area. I give him directions and if it is
something he knows how to do, I let him do it himself.
He has also started reading.
This is an area I am taking slow.
I don’t want to push him too hard, so we just do a little a couple of
times a week. Well, two weeks ago, he
was having trouble blending the sounds in the words. I thought we may have to put the reading
program away. Something must have
clicked recently because he’s reading most words without a problem. I’m trying to see if he’s memorized a lot of
the words, or he just gets it. The jury
is still out, but for now we’ll say he has improved a lot.
My sister made the boys these great advent calendars. Each year she outdoes herself. They each have 24 pouches that are hanging
from the wall. Each day we read from our
devotional and then, they see what is in the pouch. They usually get a few pieces of candy. But, some days there has been money or
small toys. It is safe to say it is one
of their favorite times of the day.
| Daniel's side |
| Nicholas' side |
As part of our last week of school, we also baked some
cookies. I made up the dough. The boys unwrapped all of the chocolate
kisses and rolled the dough in sugar.
They also were quality control to make sure they tasted okay.
| Unwrapping the kisses |
| Rolling the sugar |
| Time to taste them |
We’re looking forward to our first family Christmas party
tomorrow. Also, Daniel will be singing
at both services at church with his class. His
teachers told me he knows the song very well when they practice. We’ll see what he does when he gets in front
of the sanctuary.
I'm sure this week will fly by. Christmas Day will be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment