Thursday, December 22, 2016

Getting Closer . . .

Christmas is three days away!  We’ve had a pretty eventful week.  Last weekend Nicholas went to his friends’ birthday party from CC.  One of the twins picked him to stay after the party, see the new Star Wars movie, and then sleepover.  This was new territory for us.  First, we’re not one of those families that just has sleep overs with anyone.  We really need to know and trust the family.  Second, Nicholas had only slept over my parents’ house previous to this occasion.  He struggles when he is away from home overnight, but he felt that he could overcome his fears and sleepover.  And, he did it!   I think it helped that there were four boys sleeping in the same room.  He was very tired the next day, but he was glad he went.

The only downside to this sleepover was that it was a Saturday night and our Sunday was pretty full.  Daniel did an excellent job singing in front of the church.  We could hear him loud and clear at both services.  There were tears in my eyes – mainly from laughing so hard.  He was just so cute yelling out the words.  Evan picked up Nicholas in between the two services, so he got to enjoy one of Daniel’s performances.  I think I saw him crack a smile even though he looked so tired.

We had enough time for Nicholas to go home and take a nap before we had to leave for a family Christmas party.  He slept hard!  When I went to wake him up, he didn’t even hear me.  He even fell asleep again on the way over.  But, he pulled it together and seemed to have a fun time. 

My mom’s side of the family has had our Christmas party the Sunday before Christmas for the last few years.  Nicholas does a great job being a helpful and fun big cousin.  He often gives the parents and grandparents a break and entertains the kids.  We also had two presents for the boys to open – one from G.G. and one from us.  They both were excited over what they received.
Rocket Balloon Sets for both boys


Star Wars figures

Jumping up and down because he likes his Legos

The boys did some present wrapping this past week.  My sister took each boy out separately to buy a gift for Evan and me.  Daniel is doing so well at keeping the gifts a secret.  He keeps saying, “I will not tell you!”  They also had fun decorating gingerbread stockings.  The temptation was too great though and by the end of the day a huge chunk was taken off of each. 
It looks like there is candy already in his mouth!


He is so excited that he is dancing.

He loves to dab!

I did the snowflake/sun, but he did the rest of the decorating!


Finished product

Now to eat the icing . . .

And, if you need to wipe some off, just lick it!

Nicholas' stocking



Well, Evan has a four-day weekend.  He had the idea for him and the boys to have a sleepover in the basement tonight.  I’m all for it!  I will have my bed all to myself and all the noisy people in the house will be out of earshot.  Hopefully, this sleepover won’t result in tired and cranky people tomorrow.  They’ll have a day to recover before the rest of the Christmas festivities begin. 

Well, I successfully put up another blog post in a semi-quick manner.  Don’t get too use to it though.  I’m sure I won’t blog before Sunday, so Merry Christmas!

No comments: