Saturday, September 5, 2015

Life Lately

I had every intention to be more regular on my blog, but it has been two weeks since my last post.  Like I said before, it is not that I have nothing to blog about.  I just have so much going on at once that it really isn't a priority.  Our move is in three weeks (or less depending on when we get the keys) and our house is full of boxes.  It makes the room feel even smaller than it already was.  But, we are excited and it is starting to feel more real the closer we get to the moving date.

School has kept us busy.  We have also had some orientations and meetings for other school activities as well.  I don't have any pictures of Nicholas doing schoolwork, but I took a few of Daniel.

Daniel loves cutting with his scissors.  He can sit there for a quite awhile just cutting away.  He really doesn't make too much of a mess either.  If you look at the arm of the chair, that's where he put all of his little scraps of paper.


Daniel does a little bit of school each day.  He usually asks to do it, but if he isn't in the mood, he asks to play first.  Then, when he is done he comes over and does his work.  There are no themes.  Just little activities to help mostly with learning his letters and numbers.




The other day, Nicholas really needed my full attention with his school work.  So, I did something new for Daniel.  I put on some youtube videos of preschool songs and let him just sit and watch.  He really enjoyed this activity, but it isn't something we're going to do too often.  He'd be there all day!




With all of the boxes, comes a lot memories.  We've found so many things we haven't seen in awhile.  The boys suddenly found their most "favorite" toys ever.  Daniel cracked us up by dressing up in this get-up:
Super Elmo?


Daniel and I were looking at old pictures of him as a baby today.  He saw one of his monthly pictures that I used to do up until he turned one.  All of sudden he got up and said, "This is going to be so funny!"  Here is what he did:

Daniel - 3 years old
Compare that with this:
Daniel - 4 months old

I think he's grown quite a bit in almost three years time.  His feet now touch the ground!  I love that he came up with re-enacting it all on his own.  He is just growing up so much.  He really makes me laugh with some of the things he says.

Speaking of that, he loves to tell us that he doesn't like sleeping.  He tells me on a regular basis, "I don't like naps and I don't like bedtime."  That has been the case his entire life.

Also, he always wants lunch.  He doesn't like dinner.  I always tell him he can call it whatever he wants, but that's what I'm making.  The other day he said, "You can make dinner for you, but I want lunchtime."

Nicholas is growing up too.  He is days away from being 8 1/2 years old.  He is very into building with his Legos.  He often comes up with some pretty realistic creations.  School-wise, we just finished our third full week.  We have one more week of school before CC starts.  Nicholas is in the oldest class this year.  He is the youngest in it, so he is a little nervous.  Thankfully, he knows most of the kids, so he should be okay after the first week or so.

Labor Day weekend means more packing since Evan will be home.  Our garage is pretty much done (that housed most of our stuff), so we'll be moving on to the inside of the house.  Even though we don't have tons and tons of stuff, it still feels like we have way too much.  We've already made a couple drops at the local thrift shops.

September is definitely an exciting month.  Will I blog about it?  We will see!


No comments: