Saturday, August 22, 2015

While I’ve Been Away

So, I’ve had another long blog hiatus.  Sorry.  My life has been pulled in so many different directions lately that I constantly have something to do.  First of all, my so many showings post resulted in an offer on our house.  After a little negotiation, we reached a deal!  Our house is sold!  So, that meant we had to hurry to find a new house so that we could close both houses at the same time.

I went out with my mom and sister since Evan was working.  We saw a handful of houses, but nothing felt quite right.  That is, until, we found “the one”!  I brought Evan and the boys to see it the next day.  It is a nice ranch with what we were looking for – at least three bedrooms, a basement, and a yard.  In fact, we have a fenced in yard and a finished basement!  We were able to negotiate the price down a bit as there is some cosmetic work to do before/once we move in.  We just had our home inspection the other day, so we’re waiting to hear if the current homeowners are okay with making a few repairs.

So, now we are trying to balance getting ready to move with everyday life.  We started packing and we now have some boxes lining our family room wall.  Evan and I figure if we do a little packing a couple days a week, we’ll be all packed in no time.

That has been a big portion of our life, but we’ve still managed to continue to have a busy month otherwise.  Our church had their picnic a couple of weeks back.  In fact, that’s where we were when the second showing happened that ultimately led to the sale of our house.

The place we were at added this giant water slide down a big hill.  Every male in my family went down it multiple times.  Daniel wanted to do it completely alone.  Unfortunately for him, Evan had to stay by him since it led into a small pool of water at the bottom.  But, I have a feeling that next year, he’ll be more ready to do it completely alone.
Evan and Daniel


Nicholas is on the right.




We started school this past Monday.  I have been so preoccupied with the move that I wasn’t as prepared as I would have liked.  Yes, I have my days planned, but some of the text books were still hidden away in my closet because of all of the showings.  Also, some activities had to be cut out.  So, I just wasn’t up to my standards of preparation, but I quickly recovered.

We started the morning with our annual pictures.  Nicholas is in third grade and Daniel is in preschool.  Then, Evan brought home donuts.  It is his tradition to do that on the first day of school.  Daniel should really be given a can of frosting and a bottle of sprinkles because that is all he really cares about.  It really isn’t appetizing to watch him eat a donut.



He is holding up a sprinkle.

Now you see it . . .

. . . now you don't!

Sprinkle face

Homeschooling is definitely nice for all of the flexibility that we need to have for this move.  We needed to go check out some carpet prices this week.  We had the home inspection.  We also found time to squeeze in a beginning of the school year outing, all while completing our school work.  School can be done at any time.  I also like the boys to have real life school.  They should learn how to grocery shop; learn about a home inspection; get out into nature and just explore.  It was a good first week back.



This week will continue to be busy.  Of course, there will be more packing, but we’re also starting to gear up for CC.  I have my first tutor meeting this week to go over the first 6 weeks.  Before the sale of the house, I was getting prepared for our first week (which thankfully isn’t until after Labor Day).  But, I haven’t done much since.  So, now I have to get back into that mindset as well.  We have a lot of kids this year.  Last year I had five kids in my class.  I have seven this year (6 boys, 1 girl).  That will be an active class!


We also have some school orientations and activities in the weeks ahead.  Thankfully, I am pretty organized.  Hopefully, that will lessen some of the chaos that comes from so much happening at once.  All in all, we have a lot of exciting things ahead.  I'll do my best to blog about them.

2 comments:

Kristy K said...

Congratulations Kristin! !!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!

Kristy K said...

Congratulations Kristin! !!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!