Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What a Week!

This week has been so full!  It has been good in so many ways, but so tiring at the same time.  The only naps that Daniel has had were a 5-10 minute car nap here and there. 

This past Sunday was our anniversary.  Usually, Evan’s company has a free Cedar Point day around that time, but this year they didn’t plan one.  But, that didn’t stop all of us from deciding to go.  Last year my sister and my parents came to help me out with the boys so Evan could ride with his co-workers.  It was there idea to do it again this year. 

Despite the large amounts of bugs and pollen, the weather was nice enough and the crowds weren’t too big.  We may have spent the majority of our time on children’s rides, but it was enjoyable enough just to see the boys have a good time.  Daniel was able to ride more rides this year and Nicholas stuck to most of his old standbys.  Daniel is proving to be a bit adventurous.  He wasn’t afraid to ride the children’s roller coaster that was a 4 on the thrill level.  Evan also taught him to keeps his hands raised.   
Leisurely ride with Poppy



Driving Miss Daisy

Hands Up!

He hugged all of the characters.
The Outlaws

In the future it looks like it will work out – Evan has a ride partner in Daniel and Nicholas and I can enjoy milder rides.  Although, you never know, things can change as both boys get older.
How we all felt by the end of the day.
After a long day at Cedar Point, we spent the next three days at a practicum for CC.  Evan and I had to go for tutor training (he is a sub this coming year) and the boys were both enrolled in camps.  They both had a good time.  Nicholas made some new friends and Daniel picked me a lot of flowers. 

On the last day, all the camps come in a to do a short presentation for the parents to show what they’ve learned.  Daniel’s class walked in with pictures they had drawn.  Daniel just stood in the middle looking around.  He looked cute though.  As he was leaving, he saw me and yelled my name.  I won’t lie – I teared up a little.
Just standing in the front of the room.
Nicholas’ camp was quite large – at least 25 kids.  They each had a word or sentence to say about geography.  However, he was chosen out of all the kids in his group to close their presentation with a paragraph about Africa.  He read it so well.  It even had the word “visualize” in it, which he read like a champ.  The other moms from our campus were not surprised that he was picked.  He said he was nervous, but I think he sounded great!
He said I could take one picture.
Our air conditioning is finally being put in tomorrow.  I’m hoping everything goes without a hitch.  The boys and I will probably use the day to rest up and not do very much.  We just need it.  I may have also stayed up too late with Evan watching the Cavs’ games this past week too.  He’s bringing out the old high school girl in me who really got into it. 

June will continue to be a busy month for us.  We have a lot going on, which will hopefully, keep the boys from getting bored (although I’m sure I’ll hear that anyway).  I can’t wait to share it all soon.

1 comment:

Kristy K said...

I don't think I've ever seen you with a suntan :). Looking good! I'm glad you had a good trip! Miss you guys!