Sunday, December 14, 2014

Potty Trained!

I think I’m going to say that Daniel is officially potty-trained.  He hasn't had any accidents in a long time.  Even when we had to put him in a diaper last weekend, he kept it dry.  He wore underwear out of the house the past three days, including church this morning.  It has been pretty easy.  We just have to work on nap time.  Then, we’ll see when he’s ready to be diaper free at night.

The potty training works well with our letter of the week – P!  Daniel decorated a P with paint.  I’m not sure if it was purely coincidental, but the first two colors he chose to use were pink and purple.






He colored a piece of pizza.  But, he had more fun playing drums with the pencils than he did coloring. 





Daniel also worked on his tracing skills.  He had to draw a line from a policeman to the bad guy.  He enjoyed this activity.  I think it is because he and Nicholas always pretend to fight bad guys.





He did some more pasting.



We brought the dot paint out again, so he could paint a penguin. 

Cheese!


I also surprised him by letting him play with play-doh.  He learned how to flatten the play-doh and use the cookie cutters to make shapes.




Daniel also continued to work on his stacking skills this week.  I have a system with my groceries where I bring in all of the boxes first.  He pulls them out of the bags and gets right to work.



Finally, Nicholas also got into P week by – performing.  It was his turn to sing a song at church.  He did a great job and also stayed to perform at the 2nd service as well.  I brought Daniel in to watch him at the 11:00, but he wasn't interested.  He just wanted to play a game on the Kindle.   But, at least it kept him busy so I could watch.






Overall, it was pretty good week.  Evan has a 4-day weekend, so we’re enjoying the time with him.  We have even more fun activities planned for this coming week.  We also have to figure out some fun things for the letter Q.  

No comments: