I am having a lot of fun Christmas shopping this year. I have been working the deals and am pretty
pleased with my hard work. I am even
closer to being done. I think I have one
gift and some stocking stuffers left. I
also have a package coming to the house almost every day this week. That’s fun – even if most of the gifts aren't
for me.
My sister helped us put up our tree while Evan was at work
on Saturday. We waited for him to come
home to put the ornaments on though.
However, Daniel keeps saying, “Aunt Mamie make Christmas.” There has only been one broken ornament and a
piece off another so far. It hasn't been
for lack of trying on Daniel’s part though.
He loves the tree.
We had the opportunity to meet with Daniel’s birth family
again this past weekend. The
relationship is pretty easy. We always
enjoy our time with them. And, what a difference
three months makes. Daniel wouldn't even
go near them in August, but he kept smiling at them and even sat on some
laps this time. His birth mother just got a new
job a couple of hours away, so we’re not sure when the next visit will be. Daniel may not understand adoption yet, but
we've already been talking to him about it.
I ask him whose tummy he grew in and he gives me the correct
answer.
| Opening Christmas presents |
Our “weekend” continued on Monday after school was
done. My mom and sister took the boys to
the mall to sit on Santa’s lap. While
they were having fun, Evan and I ran some errands. We also priced flooring – it is finally time
to think seriously about replacing our kitchen floor. And, finally, I had an eye appointment with
an ophthalmologist. I needed to get my
eyes checked further for something my regular optometrist spotted in
August. It turns out that there is
nothing that needs to be done now – or maybe ever. So, that’s something I don’t have to worry
about right now.
So, going to the ophthalmologist started our O week. I had grand plans for O week since he's been excited about it, but I dropped the ball yet again. He's got the letter down, so we're good.
On Tuesday, Daniel decorated his O with “O”s. He did save a few for a little snack.
He colored an octopus and we counted its legs.
The next day he told me he wanted to dot paint it.
He also enjoys stacking the lids. He’s pretty good with his colors too and can easily match the lids with the markers.
Daniel also did some gluing.
It only takes a few minutes, but it is one of the highlights of his
week.
He was supposed to color an owl today, but he didn't really want to
do it.
Then, Nicholas decided to color it.
And, then, Daniel decided to finish it.
My dad stopped by this week to drop off a few things we
forgot at his house on Monday. I think it
was also a good excuse for a visit. I
guarantee my dad never leaves feeling unloved.
These boys were glued to him.
Finally, I've been saying for a while that I was going to
work on potty training Daniel in December.
We have less activities during the week and I actually had a four-day
stretch where we could stay home. So far
there have been three accidents. They
were on the same day in a forty-five minute window and he did not like it! I've tried taking him every 30-45 minutes,
but we've been able to stretch it to an hour at times. He’s also told me quite a few times when he has to go. Unfortunately, this weekend we have some activities
that underwear really isn't feasible yet.
I’m hoping this doesn't send him mixed messages. When we are home though, he’ll be in underwear. Hopefully, by the end of the month he’ll be
ready to be diaper-free (not including naps and bedtime).
| No pants week! |
So, we have a fun weekend ahead, including a performance at
church by Daniel’s class. I can’t wait!
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment