I can only chuckle to myself. This week went from good to bad, then from
good to bad again. Isabella has been
recovering from her stomach problems so I have been keeping a close eye on
her. She was still throwing up and was
having trouble going to the bathroom (t.m.i.) yesterday.
Since I was watching Isabella’s every movement, I notice last night when
Gabby seemed to be crying. Then, I heard
the fateful sound of the door to our litter area open and close, open and close
. . . I just knew what that looked like.
So, I investigated and found myself to be correct (the one time you hope
you’re wrong)! Gabby had a urinary tract
infection!
She has had two in the past and seems to be prone to
them. So, we called the vet’s office –
which was closed. Evan put her in her
carrying box and headed off to the emergency animal hospital a couple of towns
away. She did return with him a couple
of hours later with my diagnosis confirmed and some liquid medicine that I
need to administer twice a day. Just
call me “Animal Nurse Kristin”. I am now
giving medicine to two different cats at 6 different times! Gabby is supposed to be checked out again by our
vet in the next day or so.
So, I’ve been talking to God about how much I’m frustrated
right now. I’ve never been one to spend
money frivolously. I have a hard time of
letting it go. Apparently, I am learning
that it really is God’s money and He can spend it anyway he pleases. He's in control, not me. I’m a work in progress in that area.
To top it off, I said to Evan last night, “With all these
cat problems, all we need is a showing tomorrow.” Guess what we have today? A showing!
I’m not sure whether to be happy or what. I’m just praying that the cats keep what’s
inside, inside. Who knows? With all the craziness of this week, maybe
this showing will be the one.
But, for now, all I can do is just laugh.
***** The showing was cancelled due to the clients' children being sick. Oh well, maybe they will reschedule. I guess our house needed a good cleaning after the cats' illnesses.
***** The showing was cancelled due to the clients' children being sick. Oh well, maybe they will reschedule. I guess our house needed a good cleaning after the cats' illnesses.
No comments:
Post a Comment