Our week has been a lot better. I knew that Nicholas was looking forward to
Valentine’s Day. Daniel, on the other
hand, is still trying to figure out what all these greeting cards are
about.
I made the boys eat breakfast before I presented them with
their cards and gifts. Both were very
excited to see what they got.
Unfortunately, Daniel had
trouble understanding that he was only allowed to eat one thing right then. He had a minor meltdown until he realized
that he still got to eat candy.
| I guess this will help ease my pain. |
Nicholas and I still had schoolwork to do today. He didn't quite understand why we were doing
school on a holiday. I told him this isn't
that kind of holiday. I did make sure we
weren't overloaded though.
After school was done, we decorated cookies – even Daniel! I frosted Daniel’s ahead of time, but let
Nicholas frost his own. Daniel started
out decorating the cookies, but soon found the sprinkles too irresistible to
resist.
Then, he decided to eat the cookie – frosting first!
Nicholas decided to start with just a few sprinkles, but soon decided that dumping them on would taste so much better.
Don’t let the amount of cookies they are decorating fool
you, they only got to eat half of what was on their plate. I figured that they should cut back a little
since they did eat a pack of M&Ms after breakfast.
| Do you have to keep taking my picture, Mom? |
Overall, I think both boys enjoyed the day. Evan and I enjoyed a nice dinner at home and
we have a low key evening planned, which probably involves a DVD for him and a
book for me (but in the same room). I'm kind of low-maintenance. I'm just happy to share the day and evening with the ones I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment