When you’re counting your child’s age in months, you really
realize how quickly they grow up! He is
closer to 2 than he is 1! He’s the age
that Nicholas was on our 2nd trip to Russia. I remember that Nicholas wasn't saying too
much (even in Russian) on that trip and look at him now – he rivals the many
great talkers in our family. So far,
Daniel’s words are: mama, dada, uh-oh, wow, and Bob. He says a lot more sounds, but I haven’t
recognized any real words yet.
| There are toys in his shirt. He likes to keep them there for later. ;) |
Daniel still loves to color (or play with crayons) at the
table. When I am in the nursery at
church, he has been going into the toddler class and doing really well. He likes the older toys and he likes the
crafts. I actually saw him with dot
paint in his hand one Sunday. As he gets
older, I’ll be even more intentional of having activities for him at the
table.
| He likes to read at the table too! |
Daniel gets super frustrated sometimes and has no way of
expressing it other than crying and whining.
I could do without that, but we’re trying to teach him to ask for help
(with charades or pointing or whatever works).
He is very orderly and doesn't like when someone comes along and touches
whatever he is working on.
He has probably gone on the potty now at least 10
times! I think if we are intentional
then he will at least go before and after he sleeps. We’ll work on the other times in the near
future. So far, he’s only needed a “good
job” and we haven’t pulled out any candy or other bribes – yet.
| "Hey, give me some privacy!" |
Daniel’s napping still isn't great. I’m starting to think that it never will
be. I can often get it over an
hour. Usually he’ll cry out at least
once or twice, but he does sleep the rest of the time. He hasn't stopped giving us smelly presents
at nap time either. I think it is his
way of paying us back for making him take a nap.
Daniel is a huge sports fan!
Well, he recognizes the Buckeyes’ and Browns’ logos and helmets. We have found him a couple of times looking
at the sports page too. Evan is teaching
him how to spell out “O-H-I-O” with his hands.
So far, he’s got the “O” down.
He is still our little monkey. He can get on most furniture by himself. In fact, he loves to sit on the recliner and
then move to the very edge, so he can swing his legs and rock. He also loves to climb into Nicholas’ bed and
lay there. He has started walking down
the stairs now while holding onto the railing.
So far he’s been good about waiting for me before going down this way.
Daniel is our little comedian too. He likes to put his hands in front of his
eyes when we call his name or when he’s done something wrong. It is as if he is saying, “You can’t see me!”
| Yes, I put a spoon on my head. |
He is still is a picky eater. We’re trying to stop him from throwing his
food on the ground if he doesn't like it or he’s finished eating. So, we ask, “Bye bye, food?” If that’s how he feels, he waves at it and we
take it away. It has cut the throwing
down a lot.
| He does enjoy a good snack! |
Daniel also plays well by himself. One day it got really quiet, so I looked around the corner and saw this:
He had put on his own hat and was reading so nicely.
Finally, Daniel and Nicholas may fight, but they also have a lot of fun together. Daniel thinks his big brother comes up with some great ideas!
We just really enjoy this little guy immensely. Daniel brings so much joy to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment