Wednesday, June 12, 2013

11 Years!

Evan and I just celebrated 11 years of marriage the other day.  We didn't get to do anything exciting on the actual day because we didn't know what time Evan would get off of work.  But, we did get to celebrate on Monday.  We were able to do a few things around the house sans children.  Then, we went out to lunch alone.  Over the years there has always been something that stops us from being able to celebrate.  It was nice to do even this small thing together.  We’re hoping to be able to go away for a future anniversary.

The boys and I are trying to keep busy.  I really do miss the routine of the school year.  Our “summer school” activities only last 10-15 minutes, so we still have the rest of the day ahead of us.  I have my suspicions that Daniel may be giving up his morning nap.  My famous terrible napper goes up for 45 minutes to an hour every morning and does everything but sleep.  I can often find him with a blanket on him reading a book.  It is nice to have some one-on-one time with Nicholas since Daniel seems content most of the time he’s up there.

Nicholas is going to a day camp next week that he is really excited about.  We have been gathering all of his supplies this past week.  There is even going to be water activities and a rock wall.  He can’t wait.  It will be interesting to just have Daniel here.  It will definitely be a lot quieter.

Operation Move-Outta-Here is slowly coming along.  I hope to finish my de-cluttering this week or next.  The painter is scheduled.  Then, when our beloved bathrooms are completely finished, Evan will paint them.  So, we’re getting closer.  I’m hoping we can put the house on the market in July, but this process hasn't really gone as fast as I would have liked. 


The beginning of June has been kind of low-key, but we have lots of activities ahead!




He likes to make "cool" poses.


He put these on himself.



Enjoying some "super" ice cream.

Unsure of his ice cream.  He doesn't like really cold food.

No comments: