Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camp

Nicholas had a great time at his day camp all week.  I thought it would result in a tired, worn out boy, but he has woken up bright and early every day.  He learned silly songs, watched skits, played games, and even got to climb a rock wall.  When I came to his closing ceremony yesterday, he had paint on his face and was performing a version of Gangnam Style with the rest of his campers. 

All ready for his first day


"You have some silly poses, Nicholas."


It is blurry, but they're dancing here.


Each camper was given a character award by their counselor.  Nicholas’ was for being determined and agreeable.  It said: "Nicholas - you're strong and don't let anything get in your way, but you're willing to agree to solutions."  I’m going to pretend that it can also be translated as “strong-willed”.  I also heard from someone else that he was the first one to volunteer to pray at lunch on the first day of camp.  He has a really good heart and he loves to pray. 


Standing under the bell the campers can ring when they accept Christ.





Daniel and I had a good week together.  We made sure we got out at least one time each day.  On Wednesday we even went to lunch with my sister.  Daniel was great at the restaurant and ate like a champ.  I didn't plan on it, but I also found that it was time to start training Daniel more intentionally.  He knows what he is not allowed to touch and often likes to disobey with a smile.  So, I did some re-direction and a little timeout or two in his pack-n-play. 


"Look what I can do, Mom!"


Daniel is also quite fond of touching the cats.  We taught him how to pet them nicely, but he does seem to have a fascination with their ears.  Gabby was in the recliner trying to sleep when he began to play with her ear.  I told him “no” and redirected him a few times.  He seemed to find something else to play with, so I used the opportunity to grab something in the other room really quickly.  When I came back he was over by the recliner with a huge grin on his face.  I looked down and each hand was holding onto one of Gabby’s ears.  The cat didn't know what to do and I had to look away because it was so funny. 


It is hard to believe that June is almost over.  This month has flown by.  We’re looking forward to some fun times ahead, including my birthday!  


They must have missed each other.

No comments: