Friday, April 13, 2012

An Update on the Update that I Was Going to Post Today, but Had to Change

So, originally I was going to post that it looked like we were going to be matched soon. J was at a 9 out of 10 on making an adoption plan. We were getting closer, but nothing was official. I even talked to one of our social workers from our agency yesterday afternoon and this was still the latest information. Then, I got a call before 9:00 this morning. We are no longer unofficial. It is now an official match!!!

It feels good, but a little anticlimactic. We’ve known about J’s situation since November. We were told in January she wanted to meet us. We had our meeting in February and then again at the beginning of this month. We’ve felt a part of her journey for a while now. But, now it is a little more real. I guess it gives me permission to do more of the planning that I have wanted to do.

I like to say we have six weeks and six days until her due date. It sounds a lot better than 7. I looked at my calendar for May and the beginning of June and we are really busy. Nicholas will be playing soccer and probably doing swimming lessons. We have meetings and activities ourselves to attend. Also, I just scheduled Nicholas’ last post placement visit with our social worker for next month. However, I think I would prefer to rearrange our lives for a baby than sit around doing nothing, waiting for something to happen.

So, that is the latest. Thank you to everyone who has been praying. Please continue to pray, especially for J, C and their families as this will be a difficult time of grieving and loss for them. Thank you!

4 comments:

Natalie Cavanaugh said...

That's great news!!! We'll be praying for you guys!!

Natalie

Anonymous said...

wonderful news!! will be praying for you all and the birth family
~nicole

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the official match! We'll be praying for you, J&C, and all the details to come together in the next few weeks and months. We're excited for you

Kristy K said...

YAY! We're so excited for you! We'll be praying for you all and for J!!