We’ll be back to normal come this week though. But, here’s some of what we did this week . . .
On Monday we dyed our Easter eggs. Nicholas got really into his work this year and ended up with green fingers for the next several days. I ended up with several egg salad sandwiches.
| Evan is pretending to be excited |
| This picture didn't do his green fingers justice. |
I decided to support H@rvest for Hunger at the grocery store the other day. If you made a donation they gave you a plastic Easter egg with some kind of prize in it. It sounded like the odds were just candy. Nicholas was/is such a good helper at the grocery store so I thought it would be a nice treat for him. I was content with the three tootsie rolls inside the egg. Then the cashier told him to take the paper out and see what the other prize was inside. My hopes were raised a little bit. I was hoping for the $25 gift card. Unfortunately, only Nicholas was thrilled with the prize. It was a huge bag of cotton candy! That was just what he needed right before Easter.
Finally, we attended our church’s Easter egg hunt this morning. They had a little program where they told the Easter story and sang worship songs. There was also face painting and a couple of small activities. Finally, there was the Easter egg hunt. Nicholas didn’t get too many eggs, which I consider to be a good thing. Tomorrow there will be even more candy.
| Looking for eggs |
| A glimpse into his future? |
| Carter and Nicholas - it is still so hard to get these two to pose for more than a second. |
We’ve tried to really balance the typical Easter activities with the real meaning of Easter. We’ve been talking about it every day using these Resurrection Eggs. They have been a great visual to remind us all about what Easter is about.
We have a very full day tomorrow between church, teaching and then spending time with family. More pictures to come . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment