Our meeting went wonderful. In fact, it could not have gone any better. We don’t have a match and no decision has been made yet. But, this potential birthmother is great and has wonderful parents as well. I can honestly say that Evan and I enjoyed our time there. Our only regret is that we didn’t ask her more questions. We could tell that she was getting a little overwhelmed and emotional during the end, so we didn’t want to ask her too much.
I think from what we can gather, they like many of the things we had to say. I think they like that we have experience as adoptive parents. I think they like that we have a supportive family and church family. I think they too felt very comfortable around us.
The meeting actually started late because the other family before us got lost and were late. So, we didn’t have a full hour, but our time did fly by. I don’t know when a decision will be made. It will be hard to wait, but I really did enjoy our meeting (I know I already said that, but I mean it!).
So, this is just a small update. If I can think of anything else, or if any other news comes up, I will let you know. Now I’m going to try and shut my brain off and go to sleep!
1 comment:
Kristin,
That's great news!! I can't imagine what she's going through now... I will pray for her and this huge decision, and also for your family.
Love you!
Post a Comment