Monday: We went to story time for the first time. Nicholas liked it but seemed a little overwhelmed by the number of kids that were there. He also doesn’t like singing songs when he doesn’t know the words. I know that in a few weeks he’ll feel more confident.
Tuesday: Swimming lessons. Nicholas continues to go under water with ease. He went under for “six minutes”. It was really six seconds, but still pretty impressive. He remains cautious, but still continues to get better with each lesson.
Wednesday: First, we had his annual cardiologist appointment. We found a new doctor a little closer to home, but still with the same hospital affiliation as our last one. Nicholas was incredibly well-behaved. We love his new doctor. She is thinking about having an MRI done next year, if he can handle it, so we can get an even better idea of what is going on in there. But, he continues to have no restrictions.
Then, I got a few hours away with my sister while Nicholas and Evan had some bonding time. It was a great refresher for me.
Finally, we had church that evening. Nicholas’ program had silly hat night. We don’t have a lot of hats in our house, but he was cute in it. Evan and I attended the prayer meeting. Pretty soon our youth group is moving to Wednesday nights as well. Evan loved his time helping with the youth group, but had to step away when his hours changed at work in order to spend more time with us. Well, he’ll be helping again (since we’re already there) and they’ve recruited me to help too. I’m looking forward to it. I’m trying not to spread myself too thin at church, so I’ve already told them that I can only commit to Wednesdays right now.
Thursday: Swimming lessons again. This was Evan’s last time to watch this time around. Nicholas’ teacher came over to show us Nicholas’ progress on a checklist and what he needs to accomplish to be in an advanced preschool class. I think only one of the three will be moving to that level. Nicholas is still working on some of the harder skills. Another session of lessons in a few months should help a lot.
After swimming, we headed to get Nicholas fitted for his violin. It is so small and cute. It looks like a little toy. I don’t think he knows what to think. I’m going to be arranging his lessons in the next few days, so he may be starting as early as the first of October.
| He's not allowed to take it out of the case until his lesson |
Friday: I woke up this morning and found out that my e-mail had been hacked. Sorry to anyone who received spam from me. Extra apologies to those that got the s*x ones, including my pastor. After changing my password, I woke up Nicholas and got him ready. Then, we headed to the grocery store this morning while braving the rain. Nicholas is a big help to me. He was happy that we had his favorite cashier this time. Of course, she knows his plans for today. This evening he will be spending time with my parents while I go help my sister again. She is a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts. If you’d like to check out a catalog or even place an order, go here.
In Homeschooling news: Nicholas started segmenting two and three syllable words. This involves hearing a word and breaking it into sounds. He did better than I expected. He only has trouble with “L” and “R” words. He can’t really say them correctly, although he knows the sound. So, those words throw him off a bit.
We also colored our new Bible verse that he will recite for the next two weeks - Philippians 4:6-7. We used the coloring page from biblestoryprintables.com.
He learned about stranger danger in All Around Town. In Handwriting he is learning to write some of his lowercase letters. Writing the letters is not as hard as staying in the lines. We’re not looking for perfection though, but effort. Nicholas knows his birthdate, address, and home phone number, but I am going to have him continue to recite them every day – at least until the end of the month. Then, we’ll add our cell phone numbers.
He also had a free craft today. He could make whatever he wanted. Here's what he made:
| I asked him what he made |
| "Animals' bones!" |
One more crazy week to go . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment