Thankfully, Nicholas is fine. That kid has a pretty good immune system. Other than colds, he is rarely sick. Now I’m not ruling out the fact that he may have been a carrier for the flu bug, but I’m thankful that we’re the ones that got it, not him.
My mom let us borrow her van today, so we could get out and enjoy the sunshine. You would think it would be easy to know where to go since we don’t get out much during the week. We ended up just walking around a store. I had no errands I needed to run, In fact, almost all the things I need to do this week are at my house, since I spent most of the week resting on my couch.
Nicholas’ birthday is in a few weeks, so I’ve been trying to figure out what we should get him. He was extremely blessed at Christmas time with several new toys. Toys are really what he does not need. However, most four-year-olds want toys. So, while he would like almost any toy we would give him, we’re trying to get creative.
I thought about getting him a hand-held learning game, but I don’t think I’m ready to start him on a video game addiction. A little boy at church lets him play his DS or on his dad’s phone sometimes and Nicholas is enthralled. He doesn’t want to stop playing. He actually broke out in tears a couple of weeks ago when his friend didn’t want to share any longer.
So, I decided against getting him any electronics. And, just in case I had my doubts, here he is today at the store:
| He did not even know I took his picture. |
Tomorrow is Nicholas’ last swimming lesson. He’s come so far. I actually feel like I have seen some major improvement. Also, because it is the last lesson, we will be allowed to take pictures! Then, Evan and I have a hot date with our accountant. I’m looking forward to it.
Well, I have some newfound energy, so I’m off to do the laundry.
1 comment:
LOL, my girls adore their DS games. {Albeit they are 8 and 6 years old, bought them with their own money and only get mom approved games.} They have time limits on them though.
:)
Hope you find a happy compromise :)
Post a Comment