I talked to Nicholas about what was going to happen at the vet’s. I told him that the girls would probably be scared and not happy about going (biggest understatement of the year!). So, when Evan came home from work, we decided to put Isabella in first.
She put up a bit of a struggle, but nothing too difficult. Unfortunately, her cries alerted Gabby about what was to come. Gabby is a cat, but built like an ox. She growled. She fought. I tried to help Evan push her in, but she got herself free. It took Evan three times to get her in. She fought even as he carried her by the scruff of her neck.
Off course, Gabby also let her displeasure be known by instantly peeing in the carrier. Isabella, on the other hand, cowered in the corner of hers.
| Isabella hiding behind the couch |
There was some meowing during our two minute drive to the vet’s, but that stopped once we got there. We waited in the waiting area for a little bit. Nicholas did pretty well waiting. At one point he told Evan, “You grabbed Gabby’s neck and you hurt her feelings.” I just laughed. It was probably true on some level.
Isabella was first on the table. She weighed in at just over 7 lbs. She was compliant and didn’t make a peep. Gabby, who weighed in at 13 lbs, was less agreeable and even growled. They both got their shots and we headed home.
I had to try and give Gabby a bath right when we got home. She hissed and growled the entire time. Thankfully, it was just her paws and underbelly that needed attention. But, that vet visit changed them both. Gabby has been sitting on a body pillow in the hallway for most of the past two days. It was in Nicholas’ room, but she wouldn’t get off of it when it was time for him to go to bed, so Evan moved it into the hall.
Isabella thinks that Gabby is another cat. Apparently, Gabby smells different (combination of the vet’s office and a bath), so she hisses at her every time she gets close to her. Gabby still sleeps with me, but has stopped waking me up. Strangely, I have mixed feelings about it. I’m happy for the extra sleep, but sad that she doesn’t act like herself.
| Gabby in the hallway |
Nicholas was probably the one who enjoyed the vet visit more than anyone. He kept telling me to move out of his way, so he could watch. Then, yesterday, he picked up Barbara by her neck and told me that she is his cat. Thankfully, he wouldn’t dare try that with Isabella and Gabby.
Well, we know that they’ll be back to normal soon. Anyone want to bet that happens tomorrow morning, the one day I can sleep in past 6:00 AM?
No comments:
Post a Comment