Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nervous

In a little over five weeks, my friend Kristy and I will be headed to our blog conference. When we registered in April, it seemed so far away. Now it’s coming and I feel so unprepared. There will be about 200 bloggers there. Some are more well-known, while others are like me. Even though I know that there are all types of bloggers coming, I still ask myself, why am I going? I started this blog to keep people informed about our adoption. I didn’t know that I would keep it going afterwards.

But, I like blogging (even though I should do it more frequently). It’s hard for me to believe that anyone would want to read about our lives. Then again, I read a lot of blogs too. Some of the bloggers that I enjoy will be at this conference. I’m trying not to be nervous. I trying not to let thoughts of inadequacy get the better of me. I don’t have a fancy blog header, design, or a catchy name. I don’t get a lot of comments (although you, my readers, can help me there). But, I do my best to be me. I’m not trying to be someone I’m not on my blog.

I’m trying to show you what I do in my daily life. I’m trying to document things about Nicholas (almost like a baby book), so he’ll have a record of his childhood. Since we don’t know much about his first 2+ years, I thought he’d like some more details about the rest of his childhood. I also want to show you what I’m learning. I feel like God is teaching me so much in the last couple of years. I accepted Christ about 24 years ago. However, my faith has really grown stronger in the last three years. I want you to see that I’m not perfect. I’m just a young mom trying to trust God with her life and with her family. I’m going to make mistakes, but I also want to learn from them.

So, I’m doing my best to go to this conference with an open mind. There is a lot more for me to learn. I’m excited to meet other bloggers. My prayer for the next 5 weeks and at the conference is that I would not let the lies that I am inadequate creep up on me. I’m praying that I would allow myself to just be me and for God to use me through my blog.

No comments: