Thursday, August 12, 2010

Togetherness

Nicholas and I spend a lot of time together. Sometimes that time is wonderful, but other times . . . well, we all have our bad days. Tuesday was that day. Nicholas and I both felt a little stir crazy. He just didn’t want to listen and I wanted to withdraw. It was rough. It was also the day that Evan worked later. By the time he got home, I was exhausted.
Because we both needed to just get out of the house we waited for Evan to come home outside.


He didn’t want to smile for the picture.


















Airplane!



Do you see it, Mommy?



Thankfully, my mom and sister came to “rescue” us the next day. We ended up going out for lunch and shopping at an outlet mall. Nicholas was in rare form. He was crazy. He sang, screamed, danced, talked and talked and talked. It was like that pent up feeling from the day before was just overflowing out of him. He did okay without a nap for the first couple of hours, but it was soon apparent he was ready to go home.












He noticed the ducks from the playground.




He refused to look at the camera for any of the playground pictures.





A little girl showed him how to play hopscotch in this store.




This is where you store your spare underwear when you no longer need a diaper bag.




This one looks like he has a toothache and is in major pain.

 





We’re home all day again today. I will say that Nicholas is getting better at playing by himself, so I can get things done. We both enjoy our walks outside though. I always tell him that we need our fresh air and exercise. I wish you could hear him say “exercise”. It’s so cute. Yesterday on our walk we saw a man in a truck parked outside someone’s house. I wasn’t sure what he was there to work on, but he kind of gave me an unsettled feeling (too many crime dramas maybe). I wasn’t the only one though. Nicholas kept looking back at him. I asked him, “Do you not like that man?” He replied, “He’s weird. I don’t want to like that man.” I kind of agreed with him.

Evan is enjoying his new job. They have very thorough training, which is great. I hate when companies say do this and that before throwing you to the wolves. They never quite cover the things you really need to know. During training he has some pretty nice hours. Once he is on his own he’ll probably work a little later, but Nicholas will be able to spend some time with him in the morning. It’s an adjustment, but we’re thankful that he has this job.

Well, it’s almost time for some fresh air and exercise. Hopefully without any weirdos today.

1 comment:

Kristy K said...

Kristin,
One day, you have to show his future wife the underwear-on-the-head picture. :)

I always tell Chancho we need to expend some energy. He says "spend some emily."

Glad you're enjoying the rest of the summer! Hopefully we can connect soon!