Nicholas looked at them, but showed very little enthusiasm or interest. He did give the bunnies an extra glance or two, but barely pet a rabbit that a lady was holding.
No, something else was far more interesting to him. Can you guess what it is?
Tractors and heavy duty equipment! Why we continue to take this child to see animals when he really enjoys cars and trucks and things that move is beyond me. At least he was consistent with last year.
He did walk 90% of the time we were there, which helped him build an appetite for his second favorite part. We didn’t gorge ourselves this year. He ate half of the small bag of free popcorn. Then he and I each had a corn dog. Finally, the three of us shared a funnel cake. We didn’t even eat half of it before we (Amy and I) were full.
I wanted to give Nicholas the experience of going to the fair, but I realized how little any of us really cared to be there. Maybe next year we’ll just take him to a tractor dealership instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment