Friday, July 16, 2010

Relevant



I’m leaving home for a long weekend!!! Okay, not until October, but I am really looking forward to it. My friend, Kristy and I are attending the Relevant Conference in Harrisburg, PA. What is Relevant? It is a Christian blogging conference. Some of the speakers are from blogs that I enjoy reading, so I can hardly wait to meet them in person. There are only 200 tickets being sold, so my chances are pretty good of getting in some decent conversations. They just posted the agenda for the weekend and I’m so excited. There are so many good choices for the breakout sessions that I don’t know what I’m going to pick.

Another benefit will be some quality time with Kristy. Kristy and I usually do play dates with Nicholas and her son, Chancho. So, while we get a little conversation in here and there, one of us is usually getting up to take care of our sons. Also, we’re both looking to see how God wants us to use our blogs. While I enjoy writing about Nicholas, there is so much more that I want to write about.

I feel like I have gone through so much in the last 7 years and I think I want to use my writing to help others who may be going through the same things. Life is definitely not easy, so we need all the support we can get. I want this blog to be real. I guess I want it to be Relevant.

No comments: