Nicholas had a great birthday day. We made sure to hang a “Happy Birthday” banner for him, which is a tradition from my own childhood. We didn’t do much in the morning, but went to McDonald’s for lunch. Nicholas shrieked with excitement when we pulled into the parking lot. Thanks to the remains of a gift card we had, we enjoyed a 65 cents lunch. Then Nicholas ventured off to the playland. It took him a few times to get the courage to climb up it himself. But, once he did, off he went. Unfortunately for me, he kept choosing to go down the side where he needed assistance to get down. I’m not one for enclosed spaces, but I did what I had to do to get him out.
Thankfully, the playland wore him out and he took a nap. We later went to dinner at Nana and Poppy’s house. My sister made him a cake with Elmo, Dorothy, and Mr. Noodle cake toppers. Blowing out his candles and eating cake and ice cream was all he could think about. Finally, we opened presents. Nicholas was thrilled about all his new cars and new truck. He also is quite fond of a bunny that my cousin, Jessica gave him. Now I’m looking for someone who would like to build a garage for all of his cars and trucks (Kidding. Or am I?).
The lighting is a little weird, but you can still see the pure joy on his face.
I really don't think it will fit Evan, but it is a cute shirt for Nicholas.
He loves to wear these red lens-free glasses whenever he is at Nana's house.
Today was his three year check-up and it went really well. The hardest part for him was sitting in the waiting room. They have one room for everyone to sit and wait, so Nicholas decided to talk to a young woman sitting across from him. He told her his age and about his birthday party. Luckily, she seemed comfortable with young kids and acted interested in what he told her. Then, the nurses started coming out and calling people’s names. I told Nicholas that he had to wait until they called, “Nicholas”. He then proceeded to yell, “Call Nicholas! Call Nicholas!” This child loves to talk and this mother is working on not caring about any of the attention we’re receiving because of it.
Onto the appointment . . . Nicholas has grown so much since he came home last summer! In July he was barely at 10% in height and now he’s just over 50%. The doctor thinks we’ll see some more slimming down soon. I think Nicholas enjoyed the visit because he blew the doctor and nurse (both women) kisses on the way out. He sure does know how to charm the ladies.
Since my coffee-addicted husband had some free coupons, we hit Dunkin Donuts on the way home. Isn’t that where everyone goes after the doctor deems you healthy? He and Nicholas shared five munchkins between them. A funny thing did happen there. Nicholas asked to go to the bathroom. After we washed his hands I noticed they had a high-powered hand dryer. Nicholas has experience with this type of hand dryer and usually quickly puts his hands under and moves away. For some reason, his reaction was quite different today. I turned it on (his hands weren’t even under it) and he screamed this high-pitched scream at the top of his lungs. Evan, who was in line, said that everyone could hear it! I love the attention!
We have one more birthday party this weekend. I’m sure Nicholas will be thrilled when he finds out that his “birthday” isn’t over yet. Although, I did hear him say something about when he is four years old. . . Is he really going to countdown for a whole year?
No comments:
Post a Comment