He also colored a picture of Bert with a yo-yo.
Then he colored pictures where the characters were eating food that was “yummy”.
But, we mainly worked on other skills this week. I had an early math workbook that someone gave me. I found a sheet where he could count the trains and then circle the correct number. This really helped with both his counting and number recognition. He did really well with numbers 1-6 on the front. On the back he seemed to be a little overwhelmed with the amount of trains. He deemed them, “too many” to count.
We also read our library books together. One book that he “helped” me read was Dr. Seuss’s ABC Book. One area that I am going to focus on in the near future (although not in a weekly feature) is learning the lower case letters. This book shows both cases, which gave us a good start.
In unrelated news, I just want you to know that I’m still exercising. The other day Nicholas got excited when he saw me in my workout clothes (shorts and tank top, not underwear). He immediately stripped down to his underwear so he could exercise with me. He’s starting to perfect some of the moves. He does some good front kicks.
Even with the weather a little iffy on Friday, I still got to go to my weekly relaxation, I mean, acupuncture appointment. My body is responding well to the treatment and I can already see a bit of a difference. Now we’re testing out whether my body can handle going every 2-3weeks instead of every week. I’m going to miss the quiet time, but I’m thrilled that things are going as they should.
This week should be pretty eventful. Not only are we wrapping up the alphabet (I am doing virtual back flips), but we also have Nicholas’ first dentist appointment. He’s pretty excited to go because he knows they are giving him a toothbrush to take home. He knows there is a little more to it, but so far so good. Everybody at our dentist’s office is so excited to finally meet Nicholas. Since we have several family members that go there, they have had updates every few months, and have followed along on our roller coaster journey. Even the receptionist that called to remind me of his appointment declared her excitement. I hope Nicholas feels that welcoming spirit while he’s sitting in the examining chair.
Finally, the birthday countdown is winding down. With just a little over a week to go, we are gearing up for the big day. I can’t wait to watch his little face light up when it is time to blow out his candles. He’s been watching everyone else get their chance since he came home. Finally, it is all about him.
So, stay tuned. We should have plenty of pictures in the next week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment