Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Four Months!

That’s how long Nicholas has been home. It really seems like so much longer. In honor of this milestone, I thought I would do a list of some of Nicholas’ favorite things:

Favorite Food(s): “Pizzi”, chicken (nuggets), French fries, apple juice, and cake

Favorite Movie: Muppets Take Manhattan (or better known as “Piggy Make-up”)

Favorite TV Shows: Sid the Science Kid, Super Why!, and Wizards of Waverly Place

Favorite Sports Team: Buckeyes!

Favorite Number: 2 (He’s always pointing out 2 of everything)

Favorite Books: Anything he can get his hands on right now (I hope he never loses his love of books).

Newest obsession: The garbage truck! He takes his blue bucket for his toys and pulls it around our family room telling me that it’s a garbage truck.



Yesterday Nicholas and I walked to the church next door to vote. I explained to him what kind of behavior I expected and he listened. In fact, he impressed the woman at the table for our precinct when he pointed out the “D” on the sign. On the way out, we stopped at the bake sale that the church’s school was holding and bought a couple of cookies. We got a nice walk as well to and from the church, which I used to justify the three cookies that I consumed once we got home. Note: The less-than-thrilled look on his face is due to the fact that he wanted a cookie, not his picture taken.





Today we did some shopping with Nana and Amy after Bible study. In the last couple of weeks he finally has taken an interest in toys that he wants. He already perused the Toys R Us Big Book that came in the paper last week and voiced his desires. Evan and I used to be able to walk the toy aisles in stores without a peep from Nicholas. Not anymore! It takes everything in me to resist him when he says “peas”. In fact, I was looking at a book today in the store when he took it from my hand and said, “Tank you, Mommy”. How could I deny such a polite boy?



Finally, I want to share one last picture with you. Nicholas loves to wear his sunglasses (“cool dudes”), but they often remain in our car. So, when we go out with my mom, he has no glasses to wear. This week she had a pair from the eye doctor's office to offer him when he asked. We like to call him “Grandpa”. What do you think?



Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin - too cute! I love to hear all the things he loves, he is quite the little boy! And kudos on introducing the Muppets, they are a family favorite for us too. Hope we connect with you guys sometime soon...