Saturday, October 3, 2009

Doggies, Donuts, Dancing and Daddy!

Another letter down and Nicholas seems to enjoy his weekly letter activities. Several times during the week he will go over to where his artwork is hanging and point to it excitedly. You can tell that he’s pretty proud of himself.

One activity from this week was to transform the letter “D” into a dog (Doctor Doggy to be more specific).




Nicholas’s favorite part of the week (and Evan’s) was “Donuts with Daddy”. They colored a donut together and then ate the real thing. I think both Nicholas and Evan wanted this activity to happen every day this week.




Finally, we ended the week with a recap of the four letters we learned this month. Please, don’t judge Nicholas’ level of interest by these pictures. He had woken up from his nap recently and wasn’t quite ready for the camera (at least that’s what I’m hoping to be true).




Nicholas has begun to tell us stories about things that have happened and what we’ve done. Usually, it is one or two words and I fill in the rest. For example:
N: (Covers his ears) Too Loud (sounds like Houd)
K: Thomas was too loud.
N: Mommy hug (hugs himself)
K: Mommy hugged you.
N: (Rubs his eyes)
K: Because you were crying.

Nicholas could tell this story of how he saw his first train up close and it scared him to death over and over. He couldn’t rest easy until the entire train had passed. Nicholas has also added a new story today about how he got a haircut, had a lollipop, and wore a big bib. I enjoy watching him remember and try to put the story together in his mind. Before no time, he’ll be telling all these stories without my help.

Potty training continues to go well. He goes on the potty several times a day. We don’t even have to ask him most of the time if he has to go. He tells us. He’s got almost 100 stickers after just a couple of weeks. I’m not pressuring him, but I am hoping he may be out of diapers by Christmas.

Tomorrow we are going to a birthday party. After all the birthdays this summer, Nicholas finally knows the word "birthday". He kind of sings it and then talks about cake (Shocker!). I bet he'll have another story to tell after this party.

Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That donut looks almost as big as his head! Ha! So glad you were able to come visit us (seems like forever ago now). It's so awesome to see how well Nicholas is doing.
Nicole

Anonymous said...

How cute. I am glad everything is going well. We need to schedule a play date for him and Carter.