I have never been so frustrated, yet so peaceful at the same time. It is a weird dichotomy. We are encountering all these headaches, but yet I know they will work out. Some of our documents have been sent to St. Louis already. Others are in the hands of the right people or waiting to get in the hands of the right people after the other right people get them back to us (confusing, but a lot of things are interconnected). It will be such a relief when all of this is over. I was not able to go to Columbus this week, so I tried calling a different number to see if I could get this stupid unemployment letter. Apparently, this branch can’t do it either. So, Evan and I are trying to work out our schedules so I can go in person. If that doesn’t work, I’m going to have to be creative.
Yesterday we had to get blood drawn for our updated medical forms. I’m not a big fan of needles, so I wasn’t looking forward to it. Our doctor’s office does have a great phlebotomist though, so it usually isn’t as traumatic as my thoughts make it out to be. I was a little nervous though when the nurse told us that the other lady was busy, so she would be drawing our blood. She had trouble finding a good vein and getting any blood into the vial. After two painful tries, she moved onto Evan and decided to wait on her more experienced counterpart, which led to success! I have three bruises to show for it, but we have another step to check off our list.
Then we got a wonderful Valentine’s gift from the FBI. Our fingerprints came back and they were both accepted!!! This brings me much relief. I hope as far as Nicholas’ adoption is concerned that we are done being fingerprinted!
Speaking of Valentine’s Day, I had a pretty good one. Evan and I are pretty low-key and don’t do anything too extravagant. We went out to lunch and then had dinner at home. And, he got me just what I wanted – chocolate! I’m not really into flowers or spending a lot of money for that matter. He got me just what I wanted!
I hope everyone else had a Happy Valentine’s Day. Hopefully, something exciting happens this week, so this blog doesn’t get too boring.
Kristin
1 comment:
Kristin,
Does Evan have to go to Columbus with you? If he doesn't, and you just need someone to ride-along, maybe me and Anthony could ride with you (so you're not lonely). If we left early in the morning, we'd be home in time for my kids to get off the bus???
Post a Comment