Thursday, January 22, 2009

February!?!

I’m sure you wanted me to start my blog with a toe report. My big toe looks battered and bruised, but I don’t believe it was ever broken. I finally was able to wear a shoe without too much discomfort yesterday. Now you can all rest easy. I am going to be okay. Ha ha.

You may sense that my mood is a bit lighter than usual. I guess that’s because we have a little news. We are tentatively going to Russia at the end of February. While it is a lot further away than we had hoped, it is something. We have a tentative date, but it all depends on whether or not they can get Nicholas’s citizenship in time (yes, that is still the issue). So, please pray. Luckily, we fly on adoption fare plane tickets, which are changeable, so that won’t be a problem. We don’t know too much right now. We will be finding out shortly which documents need to be updated.

We’ve never had this much notice. Our visas will actually be cheaper. We won’t have to run around like chickens with our heads cut off. It really is a strange feeling. But, it is a wonderful feeling as well. Lately it was beginning to feel like Nicholas was a figment of our imagination. I wondered if we’d ever go back. Now, our hope is renewed.

Also, it looks like we will be spending Nicholas’s 2nd birthday with him. We may not be home, but at least we won’t be apart from him. Miracles could happen and we may be able to have him home by then, but we won’t hold our breaths.

So, right now we just need prayer that everything falls into place and that there aren’t any hold-ups. Sergei is confident that they can get Nicholas’s citizenship in time, but if not, we will have to have our court date postponed. Also, please pray that my unemployment does not affect Olga’s opinion of us. No one has said it will, but it seems like she is always looking for something.

We should have more concrete details in the next week. I will update as soon as I know. But for now, it is time to check out the airfare.

Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! That's good news...can't wait to hear the exact dates. Can you share his birthday? Just wondered if it was the same as Caroline's (March 9th) We're thinking of all of you...

Anonymous said...

Yea! We can't wait until our little guy comes home!

Kristy K said...

YAY!!!!!! What great news on this sunny day!

Love ya,
Kristy

Melissa said...

Very cool! :) We'll be praying that things go smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Yeah we are so excited to hear the good news;) Take lots of pictures of him now and if you guys are there for his birthday. We would love to see updates. We are more excited to our new nephew in person. Hope all goes well and I will pray for mean Olga. Keep us posted.

Love,

Amanda, Jason and Carter