Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Waiting

There really isn’t anything new to report. I e-mailed Leslie today to see if we could get some more information. All we know is that Sergei is working on the issues in Tomsk. I would love to have more information and find out how the process works, but it is too difficult to get that information. Lack of information is one of our biggest frustrations. I know our case is being worked on, but what is involved?

I’m the type of person that likes to have all the facts. I love details! Others are satisfied with the big picture, but not me! Tell me who, what, where, why, when and how. I guess I’m just going to trust that everyone is doing their job (easier said than done). Leslie did remind me that we are getting closer. But, is that closer in days, weeks, or months?

I think one of the hardest parts is that we had all these dreams for the holidays with Nicholas. This would be his first Christmas at home. We already bought him a couple of presents (just a couple because all of the toys we already have are new to him). We had even discussed some of the family traditions we wanted to begin. Unfortunately, at the rate things are going we wonder if we’ll even return to Russia this year.

While adoption is rarely without its ups and downs, I fear that our setbacks will deter others who are interested in adopting. I ask that if you feel called to adopt or are at least interested in learning more, don’t give up because of our situation. Our adoption has been challenging, but we are not without hope. The reward far outweighs any hassles. Spending time with Nicholas has already made the process worth it.

I also forgot to mention that November is National Adoption Month. Several radio programs are dedicating their show(s) to the topic. There are many great stories out there, so if you have the time, listen. You can find a schedule here.

As Leslie told me, we’ll update you as soon as we hear something. So, I will do the same for you.

Kristin

No comments: