Well, I did it again.
I went about a month without blogging this time. I don’t know if I was just too busy or too
lazy, but I let it fall to the wayside again.
So, let’s see where we left off . . .
First off, Evan ended up being on light duty for his back
for about three weeks. He worked in his
company’s warehouse during that time while also heading to various chiropractor
and massage appointments. I started to
see a change for the better in him after a week and a half or so. Then, near the end he was just waiting to be
cleared by the doctor.
During this time of light duty, he was only allowed to work
Monday through Friday. For the first
time, in a long time, he had his Saturdays off.
I think he started to like it. At
the same time this was happening, a position opened up at work. Instead of working in residential, he would
work in commercial. And, thankfully, he
got the job! And, with this job came the
return of the Monday through Friday shift back full-time. No more Saturdays (unless he is
on-call). It has been nice so far. He’ll have to be more creative with any
appointments, but he’s enjoying having a “normal” weekend.
We had a few parties in the last month. First, we celebrated my birthday. I’m pretty low maintenance (other than liking
to hear people recognize the day), so I received a couple of gifts from Evan
and the boys. Then, we had cookies and
ice cream for my dessert. It turned out
to be a nice day.
 |
| This is all I wanted - don't judge the givers who would have bought me more. |
The next weekend we celebrated my cousin’s daughter who turned
one. Then, the following week we
celebrated our nephew’s graduation from high school. Both parties had swimming, which my boys
definitely loved.
Among the birthday and graduation celebrations was the 4th
of July. We had a really nice view of
the fireworks from our back yard, so we didn’t even have to leave home. My sister brought some Pop-Its and sparklers,
which the boys both enjoyed doing.
Daniel was a little hesitant with the sparklers at first, but he
overcame his fear quickly when he realized they were fun.
 |
| A little hesitant at first . . . |
 |
| - - - Now, he's got it! |
Nicholas spent most of last week at our church’s day
camp. He had fun with the space
theme. He also got to climb the rock
hall, go on a slip and slide, and joust his friends. While Nicholas was having all that fun,
Daniel and I had the week to ourselves.
We went to lunch with Amy and my grandma one day. Then we went to my cousin’s house to the swim
the next. On the final day of camp, we
went to pick up Nicholas early for his closing ceremony. Once it was over, everyone was able to go
outside to play on the inflatables and the rock wall. We also had dinner there. Both boys came home with new tattoos.
 |
| New hat |
 |
| Tattoo #1 - Blue butterfly |
 |
| Tattoo #2 - Green dinosaur |
This week we did some more swimming, but we also worked on a
little party planning. Someone is
turning the big 4-0 very soon. We’re
looking forward to celebrating it with family and friends very soon.
I’ll close with a few random pictures from the month, and
also a promise to try and do better with my blog posts.
 |
| Helping Daddy put together his grill. |
 |
| New haircut! |
 |
| Wearing his knight costume while watching Daddy mow. |
 |
| Building with my groceries. |
 |
| Farmers Market |
No comments:
Post a Comment