Saturday, February 13, 2016

It's All About Love . . .

I’m going to preface this blog post by saying that yes, Nicholas exists.  He just had an ordinary week, so no pictures were taken.  That should change this week, I hope.

Daniel had his Valentine’s Day party at preschool this week.  He even wrote his name on all 14 cards.  Nicholas’ eyes grew big at some of the candy that Daniel received, but Daniel has been fairly good at sharing with him.
Posing with his preschool Valentine's bag

We also attended the Toddler Time at our church again this week.  Daniel has a lot of fun there, but it would almost be better if I wasn’t there.  He does very well each week at Sunday school and preschool, but when I’m around he acts very clingy.  Ironically, he’s sad when it is time to go.  I’m glad to spend this one-on-one time with him though.  Don’t worry about Nicholas during this time.  This week he had a late breakfast out with Poppy!  This coming Wednesday we won’t be able to make it, but hopefully, we’ll make it to the last one the following week.
Fishing



Daniel loves to “do school” at home.  I don’t have anything planned for Saturdays.  After begging me to find something, he made his own school.  He got out his dry erase board and worked on his name.  I like that he loves to learn.  I’m hoping to find a variety of independent activities for him to do this coming school year.  He’ll be home with us every day then, so I will have to be more intentional on creating time for Nicholas and me to do some of our harder subjects together.




Well, the boys are gone for the night.  My parents gifted Evan and me an early Valentine’s Day present by having the boys come sleepover.  For several hours, it was a present for just me as Evan wasn’t home.  He usually works Saturdays, but today he only had to work a half day.  His team had won a free lunch/movie day, so that brought him home a little later than usual.  I, however, got to enjoy some major alone time.  So, I think it was a good day for everyone.

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and it will be quite a busy day.  I am substitute teaching for the Pre-K class at church.  It is also Evan’s normal teaching day, so he’ll be there for both services.  Then, we will be celebrating Evan’s parents’ 50th wedding anniversary in the afternoon.  Finally, we have our big, belated Valentine’s party at CC on Monday.  So, we have to make sure we have everything ready for that too.  More cards and candy ahead . . .

No comments: