Do I have a blog? It
is just so hard to sit down and re-cap things right now. Maybe it is because nothing exciting has
happened. Maybe it is because I don’t
have very many pictures right now. But,
I just haven’t thought of posting.
But, here I am, so let’s see what I can come with . . .
We’re back in the routine of school again. It was really hard to go back to CC after
having 5 weeks off. Tutoring is much
easier for me this year though. I know what
works and doesn’t work, so for the most part, it doesn’t take that much time to
prepare.
Speaking of CC, I have been filling out the registration
forms for next year. There is a new name
on the form for this fall – Daniel! He
will be old enough to attend, which seems crazy. He was just 16 months old when Nicholas first
started. Nicholas will also be old
enough for the afternoon portion of the program. This is a writing and grammar program that I’ve
heard nothing but good things about. Nicholas
and I will actually be visiting the class tomorrow to get a feel for it. So, even though, it is a ways away, we’re
starting to think of next year a little.
Daniel is doing great at preschool. His teacher calls him “Smiley”. The thing I’m most excited about is that he
is learning to be more independent. He has to take his boots off and change
into his shoes on his own. They try and
zip their own coats before recess. He is
learning to scoop his own snack and pour his own drink. These are things that sometimes get ignored at home due to time constraints or the desire to not have a mess. :)
I have his parent-teacher conference at the beginning of
February. I’m looking forward to seeing
which version of Daniel they get to see each week. I’m sure it is our happy, go-lucky Daniel with
a little scoop of silly. He’s pretty
comfortable there now.
He also likes to do school at home. He likes to do 3 pages in a workbook at a time (because he's 3). I picked one up for a dollar and he loves
it. We also ordered him a Pre-Reading
program. We’re going through it slow,
but so far, he’s doing well. Daniel
enjoys doing school, but I try to keep it at 10 minutes or less a day.
| A little cutting practice at home. |
Nicholas finished the last reading level that this curriculum makes. He’s over halfway done with all of the other
subjects too. It is hard to say what his
favorite subject is right now, but he does seem to get excited whenever we
learn about History. That was not my
favorite subject in school growing up, but I find it more interesting now as an
adult.
So, basically, school was our main focus for the past month. February looks like it will be a very busy
month with lots of activities. Maybe
that will bring more pictures and more blog posts. But, you never know . . .
| Daniel before preschool |
| "Hey, that's my hat!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment