Wednesday, November 18, 2015

3 1/2!

I don't know why, but the fact that Daniel is 3 1/2 makes him seem so big.  He is definitely not a baby anymore even though he is our baby.  He is funny, happy, and also a little sassy too.  He continues to do well at preschool and has even opened up more about what they do there each day.  It has been making me crazy that up until a week or so ago, he would only tell me only about snack unless I questioned him to death (I love details!).  Now he has volunteered some more information.

Both boys have loved that we've had another week of nice temperatures.  Our leaf raking is never ending, but luckily we have two leaf-rakers-in-training right now.  Of course, leaves are great for jumping into too!




The boys also painted some treasure boxes.  My sister took the boys to pick them out before we moved.  Unfortunately, it took awhile for us to get them painted.  But, they did have fun when we finally got around to it.






And of course, a silly pose!

Alert the media!  We actually found a restaurant that Daniel enjoyed!  Last week we went out to the local hot dog place.  Daniel could not get enough of the french fries and the cheese dipping sauce.  He also enjoyed the macaroni and cheese (off of his hot dog) and a chocolate milk with whipped cream and sprinkles.  Nicholas had a pizza dog and a creamsicle drink.  We went with my sister this time, but I think we may take a return trip to bring Evan in the future.



We are now down to 2 Mondays left of CC for 2015.  Daniel has a Thanksgiving Feast at preschool next week.  It falls on a Monday, so Evan is going to take him.  I'm so glad that Evan gets to be part of one of Daniel's activities since he usually goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Evan is at work.

We continue to make little changes to our house.  We had a dead tree removed in the front.  Evan took down the old, broken swingset in the backyard.  We changed out the light and mirror in the main bathroom.  My sister started painting our kitchen and I have a handyman putting in the new sink tomorrow.  I love crossing off items on our to-do list.  We still have some big projects we want to tackle, but it is nice a lot of the little ones right now are being finished.

It is hard to believe that November is over halfway over!  It doesn't feel like the holidays are right around the corner, but ready or not, here they come!

No comments: