The radio silence on the blog has mostly been due to our
move. Tomorrow it will be two weeks
since we moved into our new house. We
are settled for the most part. We’re
still working on some painting, decorating and organizing. I would say that the talks about missing our
old house are really few and far between.
We were all able to go there one last time the day after the
move. We wanted to get it cleaned up for
the next people. Tears were shed and
there were definitely some big feelings that day, but I really think we’re all
pleased with where we are now.
| Our realtor gave us a chocolate house to celebrate. |
The boys have their own rooms and have been sleeping pretty
well. Well, Daniel never sleeps well, so
he’s sleeping normal –for him. The
basement has definitely given us the much needed space that we all needed to
have during the day. I don’t feel like
we’re all crammed into one little space.
Nicholas has also been playing outside with the boy next door, so that
keeps him busy in the afternoons and early evenings.
| Daniel found this at a garage sale in our new neighborhood. |
Our move was not the only excitement that we have had
though. Nicholas had a medical emergency
last week. In mid-September he hurt his
wrist playing with the kids at our small group.
He had a nice open wound. We got
the bleeding to stop and had been keeping an eye on it ever since. Unfortunately, probably due to just playing,
he got the wound infected. He woke up
last week with a swollen hand.
I watched his hand all day Tuesday, but it wasn’t getting
any better. So, I decided to run up to
urgicare with him real quick while my sister was at the house with Daniel. Real quick became a huge deal. The urgicare felt that he should go to the
emergency room. They recommended one for
children in our old town. So, we quickly
ran home to tell Amy and grab a sandwich (in case it took a while).
At the emergency room, Nicholas had x-rays, bloodwork, and
ultimately, some antibiotics given intravenously. Because he has a heart condition and an
infection, they felt like the best course of action was to send him downtown to
the main campus of the Cleveland Clinic.
The next thing I know, Nicholas and I are riding in an ambulance and
then he’s being admitted for the night.
Evan followed behind in his car.
He stayed until midnight and then went home so someone could get a
decent night’s sleep.
| This was at the emergency room - the beginning of his television binge watching. |
| Nothing like a warm blanket while watching television. |
Nicholas had the time of his life. Eating Froot loops and chocolate pudding and watching a lot of television. It was really anticlimactic. They checked his wrist and vitals a lot, but it was just a small skin infection. So, we went home the next morning with a prescription for the worst-smelling and tasting antibiotic. He had follow-up appointments with his pediatrician’s office and an orthopedic doctor. He’s all clear.
| Now television at the Cleveland Clinic |
| A little "healthy" breakfast with your television. |
Daniel ended up missing preschool that Thursday due to a low
grade fever. It came out of nowhere and
left as quickly as it came. I think it
was a blessing in disguise. Nicholas’
antibiotic was making him have some side effects and everyone was tired from
the hospital stay. So, we all stayed
home and recovered.
| Sick day |
Just in case I wasn’t stressed enough, Evan went on a men’s
retreat with church that following weekend.
That’s when our cat, Isabella, decided to have her once-a-year
gastritis. Of course, I really became
concerned Saturday night when all of the vets’ offices were closed. So, my mom came over to watch the boys while
my dad helped me find the animal emergency hospital. She had some fluids and medicine and came
home the same night. I finally decided
to give her some wet food to let her stomach heal before making any extra vet
appointments. So far, so good.
Things have been better this week. Preschool has been going well. Daniel is enjoying it and I can ask him about
his day and get some answers. I think
snack time and recess are his favorite times of the day. I do enjoy all of the crafts happening there
too, since I don’t have the brain cells for that kind of creativity right now.
| Preschool is tiring. |
CC has been going well too.
We have one month under our belt.
I haven’t had too much time to over-plan this year, which has not been a
bad thing. I know what works and what
doesn’t, so I just tweak it as needed.
We had the area manager come in and observe our campus this past
week. He had only positive things to
say, and he gave a lot of encouragement and positive feedback to me
specifically. Nicholas is enjoying his
class too. He is with the older kids and
they have all accepted him. That was his
biggest fear. I’m not able to see him in
class because I am tutoring my class, but other moms have told me he is
doing really well.
October is a very busy month for us. We have more medical appointments on the
horizon for Nicholas. It is time for his
annual cardiac MRI and doctor’s appointment.
Last year it was borderline that he needed heart surgery. We’re not sure what to expect this time, but
we’re hoping for another year before surgery.
No matter what, we are going to trust in God’s timing.
Well, that's some of the excitement from the last couple of weeks. I don't know when I'll write again, but I'll do my best.
No comments:
Post a Comment