| Daniel looking patriotic. |
Nicholas spent Wednesday night over at my parents’
house. He had been asking them for a while
if he could sleep over, and it finally worked out. Even though they kept him busy, including
church and fireworks, he still only slept 6 hours. My parents said that this is the best he ever
did. Sleep overs have always been a
struggle for him, but he’s getting there.
It’s not like we were sleeping here either. We tried to get Daniel transitioned into
Nicholas’ room. That didn't go over
well. He lasted until 1 AM. We were exhausted so back to our room he
went. He really needs his own room. Hopefully, that will happen sooner than later. I know there are techniques we can do to
remedy this situation, but it is just easier keeping him in our room for now. Nicholas is a great sleeper and I don’t want
to ruin it.
| My mom never let us sit on the counter when we were little, but this was her doing. |
Anyway, their lack of sleep on Wednesday night was my gain
on Friday morning! They both slept
in. Daniel slept until almost 7:00 (this
is great for him) and Nicholas slept in until 9:00 (although he will tell you
it was 8:59). Unfortunately, I got up
when Evan did for work, so I didn't get any extra sleep myself, but I did enjoy
the alone time.
| Always finding a stray Cheeri* on the floor. |
| Still tired after about 14 hours of sleep. |
| He wanted to keep his fork from lunch. |
| Trying to pose "normal". |
I think Daniel missed his big brother. He and I had a lot of quality time, but
Daniel and Nicholas have a special bond.
However, Daniel is not going to be left behind. He wants to do whatever Nicholas does. And, he also loves to hang on his brother. Nicholas sometimes likes it when his brother
plops down on him. Other times, he acts
like a 2-ton elephant is on him.
| This is a daily occurrence. |
| Yes, he is pulling on Nicholas' ear. |
Finally, here are some random facts:
Nicholas already received his 2nd prize for the
library reading program. I think he
should be ready for his final prize in the next week to week and a half. I enjoy seeing him with a book in his hands
by his own choosing.
Daniel finally made an attempt to sign something to me. I ask him to sign “up, please” when he wants
to sit on my lap. I help him sign it
every time. Today I helped him with “up”,
but he put his hand on his chest for “please”.
Nicholas asks some great theological questions. Most of them are in the car. Just the other day he asked me, “How can I
hear Jesus if he is in my heart?”
I ordered some more home school curriculum today. While a lot of people are counting down until
school starts again because they’re ready for their kids to go back, I’m
counting down because I can’t wait to get started. We have less than 6 weeks (we’re starting
early)!
So, that’s life lately.
Our July hasn't been as exciting as June was with day camp and a vacation,
but we’re hoping to do some fun smaller activities this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment