We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last
week. I guess we can use the word
“celebrated” loosely. We did acknowledge
it. But, we haven’t really celebrated it
yet. Dinner consisted of going to the
carnival at the church next door and Evan and Nicholas bringing back hot
dogs. We hope to at least go out to eat
sometime soon.
It has been an interesting 10 years to say the least. We had plans and dreams for our lives
together. I’m not sure much has gone
according to plan. But, thankfully, it
is not my plans that prevail. We have
weathered the trials and enjoyed the good times. God has given us two wonderful boys to love
and to raise. We’re definitely thankful
for all we went through in the past ten years.
It only made us stronger and reaped a wonderful harvest.
Daniel is approaching the four-week mark. He is awake a lot more during the day. But, when he sleeps he has some of the cutest
sleeping positions.
| Just hanging out |
| One of his favorite positions |
| This is how I find him most mornings. |
We had Nicholas’ speech evaluated this week. In many areas he is fine, but there are a few
weak areas. Since he was borderline with
his delay, I had the option of whether or not I wanted him to have
therapy. We decided that he will have
speech therapy this summer. It will be
once a week for 30 minutes. I think he
will enjoy it though.
In adoption fundraising news, I sent in the payment for the
placement fee. We now are working on the
post-placement fees. We already had two
visits out of seven (I think). Our
social worker will be here once a month until finalization, which should be in
November or December. Our other “fee” is
unknown and hard to plan. It is medical
expenses (all Daniel’s expenses from the hospital) and legal. I have no idea what the total amount is yet
(We’ve only received a bill for $50 so far).
So, for now, we’re working on the $1750.00 that we know about. Ordinary Hero has another grant contest that
starts this coming weekend. Any amount
will help toward our post-placement fees.
Finally, we had Nicholas’ five-year-old pictures and Daniel’s newborn pictures today. Both did pretty well and I think we’re going to have some cute pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment