Yesterday's mail contained the long awaited fingerprint card! And to top that off, it was stamped correctly! So, Evan and I acted quickly. I had to staple a piece of paper to each card with some official language saying that they were my true fingerprints. My boss notarized them this morning. Then, Evan came and took the documents to get certified and apostilled. They are on their way to St. Louis as we speak. Hopefully, they will be on their way to Russia this Friday.
So, that means that all of our documents are in. There are a couple of details holding up our court date right now that I cannot get into on here. Our agency is trying to see if they will cause too much of a delay. However, I was told today that we may only get two weeks notice for our trip!!! That's crazy. That means we have to continue to get everything ready and act like it could happen any day. I was also sent some e-mail attachments today regarding what we will need for our 2nd trip and what to expect in court. We're getting closer!
Evan met two people at the Secretary of State's office who were also getting their documents apostilled for international adoption. I love meeting families that are going through or have went through the process. Our church is starting an adoption ministry as well. It will be a great support for those that are adopting, but also a resource for those that are considering it. I can't tell you how many people have told me that they wish they could adopt. A lot of times it is the financial aspect that stops them. Thankfully, this ministry is also looking to help people in that way.
Unfortunately, the financial help portion of the ministry will not be established until after our adoption is finalized. I will say that if you are interested in adopting and are worried about the money, please do not give up hope. If God has laid it on your heart then He can provide for the expenses. Many churches have adoption ministries and there are grants available. Also, do not forget the generosity of others.
There have been some very special people in our lives that have helped us make this adoption possible. We are very thankful for their generosity. Nicholas, Evan, and I are very blessed to have these people in our lives. Thank you again!
In closing, if anyone is interested in adoption, please let me know. My knowledge is not limited to just Russia. I can also direct you to agencies, grant programs, and message boards. I was just a blog reader back in November 2006 when my heart became open to adoption. This experience, even with its ups and downs, has been so worth it. I would love it if someone else got to share it.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment