Monday, May 12, 2008

A Public Apology to the Brunswick Police Officer Who Took My Fingerprints!

As you can see from the title, I had an interesting experience getting my fingerprints retaken this weekend. I had a different officer than last time and newer ink. This made for a huge mess! The officer told me to relax my fingers, which I thought I was doing. However, we ended up going through 8 or 9 cards or more!!! I'm not exaggerating! I could tell the officer was getting very frustrated with me. There was one point where I think we were going to call it a day and find a different police station. Instead, the officer brought out their "fingerprint expert" who was able to take my prints in one try. He also assured me that the FBI should not have a problem with these prints. Needless to say, I will not be speeding in Brunswick any time soon. I don't want to run into that officer again!

We also assembled the crib and put the dresser in Nicholas' room. It actually looks like a nursery! As Evan was putting it together he got a huge smile on his face. Each step we take just makes it more and more real for us. My baby shower is Saturday, so we can't wait to see what Nicholas gets. He is a very loved little boy.

Mother's Day was a happy, but sad day for me. I liked the fact that I knew I had a little boy in Tomsk, Russia. I even received some Mother's Day cards. My little Nicholas also gave me one (Thank you, Evan!). It was hard though because he wasn't here with us. But, next year he will be!

Each day brings us one day closer to bringing him home. We are so excited!

Kristin

No comments: