For those of you who have not heard, we have an announcement! We are adopting a baby! We are really excited and would really love your prayers during this process.
Now for some details . . .
Why are we adopting?
We have been trying to start a family for four years. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, but there really isn't anything medically wrong with us. So, we realized that God has closed my womb for now. We don't know if it is forever or for just a season.
About a year ago, I (Kristin) stumbled upon the blog of someone who went to my college. They were a young couple that were adopting a baby girl from Guatemala. As I read their blog, my heart began to soften toward adoption. Finally, just a few months ago, Evan and I began to discuss adoption ourselves and realized that God had prepared both of us for this option.
Our final reason for adopting is that this is a great way for us to show God's love. God adopted us into His family. Why shouldn't we adopt a child into ours?
Domestic or International?
We will be adopting an infant boy from Russia. We looked into domestic, but did not feel at peace with it. We felt God leading us to Russia. We will be using Children's Hope International as our agency. They are a Christian organization with a local branch in our area.
How long will it take?
We are not 100% sure. We hope only a year. However, it could take almost a year and a half. Adopting a boy from Russia is quicker than adopting a girl because there is a higher demand for girls.
Some closing comments . . .
We know that some people may be turned off by the fact that we are adopting outside of the United States. However, we know that God calls us each in different ways. Evan and I feel that this is where God wants us. This will be a difficult, but rewarding process. Along the way, I (Kristin) will share more about what this process entails. For now, Evan and I just ask for your prayers. We have been waiting a long time to become parents. We feel incredibly blessed that God has chosen us to take care of our future son. I hope that through this blog you may see an example of God's love as I did when I began reading the Guatemalan adoption blog a year ago.
5 comments:
CONGRATS!!!! I was just thinking about you guys the other day. This is great news. Jason and I are thinking about international adoptin as well- keep us posted!
Nicole
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH!!!!!
This is an awesome thing and I see God already blessing you. I thought if we ever adopted it would be out of the country too.
LOVE YA!
Michelle
We are extremely excited for you guys!! It is very obvious that God is using you two in a very special way and it is very exciting. You have our full confidence, support, and prayers through this journey. We can't wait to see what God has in store for you and your new baby boy!!
John & Diana
Hi Evan & Kristin,
Any updates? I check this every once in ahwile and seeing if you have any updates! Thinking of you both!!!
Michelle Arron
Hi Kristin & Evan,
Checking to see if any updates on here? Thinking of you both!
Michelle Arron
Post a Comment